Season 3 - Episode 7: The Ninja Quest Part 4

"Say hello, to the bad guy!!"

(We return to Eltar, where after blindsiding the rangers with an attack, killing Dulcea in coldblooded in fiery blaze and announcing his plans to drop nuclear weapons on the Peace Conference, Ivan Ooze makes matters even worse by growing. The overpowered ninja rangers are forced to retreat behind some boulders like a ditch.)

Kimberly: This isn't good.

Adam: Man, this guy just doesn't let up.

Kimberly: Tommy, what do we do?

Billy: We can't just ditch earth. We need to stop those nuclear bombs from going off. Hundreds of thousands of lives could be at risk, including our friends.

Robbie: Yeah...

(Robbie looks completely shell shocked at the idea alone. Far too distressed to add anything to the conversation, he struggles to maintain composure. He still looks as if he wants to take to the skies and fly away to save his ex-girlfriend and best friend. Tommy looks back at him, knowing he needs to make a difficult decision...)

Tommy: Robbie... I'm sorry. But you've got to stay.

Robbie: What?

Tommy: I'll go back to earth.

Robbie: What?!

Tommy: We need you here to lead a Zord fight.

Robbie: You want me to take the lead now? Of all times now! An hour ago you said the only thing I knew how to run is my mouth.

Kimberly: Tommy do we really need to be here? The biggest concern is earth right now. Ivan isn't going to do much more damage in Eltar.

Robbie: Yeah.

Tommy: He'll just chase us back and defeat any chance we have to stop the bombs from going off.

Robbie: Then let me go. It's my girl... my ex's life. I need to be there.

Tommy: They're our friends. And the hundreds of thousands of others at risk of dying? I care about them too. Besides, you don't have a flying Zord. I do. Without Dulcea, I have the best chance to get back. We need you here. You're a veteran who can lead the team.

Robbie: I wish I could, but I don't want to.

Tommy: Robbie please. I'm asking you to trust me here.

Ivan Ooze: I'm about to stop waiting soon...

Robbie: ...

Tommy: I know this is difficult for you. But I you have to trust me.

Robbie: Fine. Fine. You go. But if you fail, and if I see you again. You're gonna wish you died in the blast.

Tommy: Fair enough.

Ivan Ooze: Times up! Come out, come out wherever you are.

(The rangers leap out from their makeshift fox hole and stand in formation.)

Tommy: No one's hiding from you Ivan. Your plan to conquer earth is gonna fail!

Ivan Ooze: Such tough talk from the tiny ant looking up at me.

Tommy: Well these tiny ants have some new powers to bite you with.

Aisha: Oh it's on now.

Tommy: It's morphin time!

"White ranger power!"

"Black ranger power!"

"Pink ranger power!"

"Blue ranger power!"

"Brown ranger power!"

"Yellow ranger power!"

"Tyrannosaurus!"

(Re-morphed and reenergized, the Power Rangers are back in their suits and go immediately into calling their news Zords.)

"Red Ape Ninjazord. Power up."

(A mighty red mechanical ape emerges; thumping his chest and marching into action.)

"Black Frog Ninjazord. Power up."

(Bursting out the water, a giant black frog is summoned.)

"Pink Crane Ninjazord. Power up."

(A graceful pink crane, similar in appearance to the pterodactyl Dinozord. soars through the clouds.)

"Blue Wolf Ninjazord. Power up."

(From behind the mountains, a lone blue wolf arises. He howls into the sky, then rushes into battle.)

"Yellow Bear Ninjazord. Power up."

(With an enormous roar and slow methodical steps, the bear trudges into action.)

"Cockroach Ninjazord. Power up."

(A shifty looking roach burrows out of the ground.)

"White Falcon Ninjazord. Power up."

(The majestic white falcon arrives. Its shriek echoes in the sky as it warns its enemy of its presence.)

Tommy: Let's do it.

(The rangers leap into the air and jump aboard their respective Zords. They come together to initiate battle sequence. The frog and the bear fold into the legs and part of the torso. The wolf and ape become the arms. The roach latches onto the end of the wolf to create a hand blade. Finally, Kimberly's crane Zord folds into itself to reveal a humanoid face.)

"Ninja Megazord, power up!"

(The Ninja Megazord strikes a pose across from Ivan Ooze as it readies for battle.)

Aisha: This is incredible!

Adam: I know! So roomy.

Billy: This AC feels incredible.

Rocky: They have cup holders here!

Kimberly: And a new stereo!

Rocky: Think we can stop at Charbucks real fast? I saw one close by.

Tommy: We'll pick some up on the way back. Gotta run.

(The Falconzord soars off into the air on its way to earth.)

Kimberly: You better come back in one piece. We have a wedding to plan, remember?

Robbie: That's probably why he pushed so hard to go.

Ivan Ooze: Where's he heading off to in such a rush?

Robbie: He's got a flight to catch. Or three.

(Ivan feigns a gasp.)

Ivan Ooze: You mean you let him go to earth in your place? Him? The glory hog? The narcissist? Your adversary?

Robbie: Yeah, him.

Ivan Ooze: You're putting your ex-girlfriends life in the hands of someone who has wished to do you harm?

Robbie: What's your point?

Ivan Ooze: Nothing, I have none. I wish him luck. I'm sure after all you two have been through he's developed quite a respect for you. Tell me again how you guys got stranded in this desert?

Kimberly: He's trying to get in your head Robbie, don't listen to him.

Ivan Ooze: On the contrary, I'm already in your head. Don't you see, we're one and the same? Born leaders wilting under the shadow of another.

Robbie: ...

Ivan Ooze: The only difference between you and I is that after 10,000 years I've let it make me an irredeemable monster that rotted away on his own hatred. You? You still have things close to you. You still have time.

Kimberly: Robbie...?

Robbie: ...

Ivan Ooze: My hatred compelled me to destroy my former leader. Don't let your "Zordon" drive you to that. Stop him. Stop him right now.

Robbie: I... uh...

(The Ninja Megazord does nothing for a bit. Then it slowly turns away.)

Adam: Robbie, what are you doing?

Aisha: Are you quitting? You serious?

Robbie: I-I'm sorry guys. It really should be me out there. I need to make sure earth is safe. I have too much to lose.

(Robbie reaches for his communicator.)

Robbie: Come in Tommy.

Ivan Ooze: That's it. Reclaim your serenity. Assert your dominance.

Billy: Robbie don't turn your back to him!

Ivan Ooze: That's it...

(As Ooze speaks calmly and encouragingly, he has his hands behind his back, readying the same fireball that claimed Dulcea's life.)

Tommy: I read you.

(Ooze throws his arms back to fire his shot.)

Ivan Ooze: SEND HIM MY REGA—

(Just in time, Ooze tastes steel at the hands of a giant sized Ninjor. The blast goes astray and harms no one.)

Robbie: Good luck man.

Tommy: Thanks.

Ivan Ooze: Arg...

Ninjor: Ivan.

(Ninjor steps over him with his saber pressed against Oozes neck.)

Ninjor: For what you've done to Dulcea, I will take great pleasure in jamming this saber through your black hole of a heart.

Ivan Ooze: ...is it too late to send my condolences?

Ninjor: Yes. But you have time for one last request.

Ivan Ooze: Steel plated armor please.

Ninjor: I'm afraid we're out of that.

(Ninjor raises his arms high and drives the sword through Ivan's chest.)

Ninjor: Huh?

(The attack meets no resistance and hits the ground as if he drove his sword through gelatin. Ooze appears to be able to turn his body into mush on command. Ooze crawls up the saber and is if it were an arm forces it out of Ninjor's hand. As he watches in stunned silence, Ivan kicks him in the face and topples him over.)

Robbie: Ninjor, you okay?

(The Ninja Megazord scurries over to help Ivan to his knees. Ninjor favors his jaw.)

Ninjor: No, he's still breathing.

Ivan Ooze: Get ready for a night of disappointment then. And once I'm done with both of you nothing will stop me from unifying earth under my vision.

(Speaking of earth...)

"3-3-5 Mega. The code is 3-3-5 Mega."

Goldar: Ah, excellent work.

Bulk: We're too late!

(Back at the secret military compound, a brainwashed Commander Kwan gives codes to Goldar and Rito meant to deploy the nuclear weapons. Sammy, Bulk and Skull rush in behind but hide behind some cargo.)

Goldar: Ivan will be most pleased, aha.

Rita: Eh, for such an important code, it sure is stupidly simple.

Goldar: It beats just dialing down the middle.

(Goldar and Rito start walking toward the nuclear silo's control panel, but then stop and turn around to address the officers once more.)

Goldar: Uh, what do we do with this?

Rito: Like I said before, let em all jump off a cliff.

Sammy: NOOO--

(Sammy is held back by Bulk and Skull who also cover her mouth before blowing their cover.)

Rito: Who needs cops anyway?

Commander Kwan: Sir yes sir.

(Commander Kwan turns to crowd working behind him.)

Commander Kwan: Attention.

(Everyone stops what they're doing instantly and looks up silently to their commander with their arms to their sides.)

Commander Kwan: Officers. Cadets. March.

(Commanding officer Kwan marches through to the front where he's followed by the entire Angel Grove police department. Sammy's heart drops to her stomach as she helplessly rolls into a ball.)

Sammy: No... Dad. This can't be happening. It can't. Please...

Bulk: Sammy, Sammy get up. It's not too late. We have to think of something. Uh... try to stall them. However you can for as long as you can.

(Sammy doesn't see how that is possible. She just continues to stare out blankly as she thinks of the odds of her stopping a hundred men and women. Still, she knows she could never forgive herself if she does nothing.)

Sammy: Okay. I'll. You guys can stop the monsters.

Bulk: Okay, new plan. You stop the monsters and we'll try and stall the officers.

Sammy: Goodbye.

(Sammy runs off to chase after her father. Bulk and Skull get up from behind the crate, then look at Goldar and Rito with defeated expressions.)

Skull: Couldn't we have just enrolled into the boy scouts?

(Meanwhile back on Eltar, Ninjor and Ivan Ooze engage in a duel. Ninjor, the aggressor, throwing chops and kicks to Ivan, who doesn't appear to be exerting much energy in blocking them.)

Ivan Ooze: I know all of your moves, old friend.

(Ninjor throws a huge chop that Ivan ducks. He falls forward but recovers and tries to throw another one. However, Ivan catches this one and grabs hold.)

Ivan Ooze: And while you were busy putting the moves on my woman, I've spent the last ten thousand years planning how to counter every one as I planned your death.

(However before Ivan Ooze can act, an explosion goes off near them; separating the two.)

Robbie: I swear to god, next time I hear "ten thousand years" I'll throw myself in a dumpster.

(Ivan quickly tries to recover and sends an Oozy rope at the Ninja Megazord to try and tie them up.)

Kimberly: Can you see this coming?

(Ninjazord kicks away the rope. Hits Ivan.)

Ivan Ooze: Ahh!

Billy: You might've studied Ninjor, but consider us a variable. That gives us a distinct advantage.

Ivan Ooze: It doesn't take math degree to blow up a robot. I'll show you.

(Ivan starts flicking his wrist; sending explosions to land at their feet. The Ninja Megazord starts back flipping out of harm's way. Each blast failing to make contact.)

Ivan Ooze: Take that! And that! ...and that!

Aisha: This is incredible!

Adam: This Zord is so agile.

Billy: The Thunder Megazord would have been toast by now.

Rocky: I think I'm going to be sick.

Ivan Ooze: RAAAAA!!! Stand still. Let me destroy you.

Adam: Mountain!

(He winds up for a bigger blast as the Ninja Megazord stops in front of a mountain. This time Ivan gets his hands forward. A beam of light appears, but his hands quickly get chopped right off by Ninjor.)

Ivan Ooze: Huh?!

Robbie: Yeah! Take that!

Aisha: Finally.

Ivan Ooze: Uh... Ninjor? Can you give me a hand buddy?

Ninjor: Why of course.

(Ninjor decks Ivan with a punch to the face. Ivan is rocked so hard he stumbles backwards.)

Rocky: Alright!

Robbie: Let's finish him off. Now.

(With Ivan wounded, the ranger decide to capitalize. The Ninja Megazord soars into the air then leaps forward. Aimed at Ivan, both arms cock back for two powerful punches; one with the power of the ape and the other of the wolf. At last second however, Ivan's hands regenerate.)

Billy: Oh no!

(Ooze catches the arms and flings the Ninjazord behind him; through a mountain behind them.)

Ninjor: Rangers!

(Before Ninjor has a chance to react, Ivan shoots a beam from his eyes that takes him down also.)

Adam: We're taking damage!

Kimberly: I don't get it. We had him. What just happened?

Billy: It appears he regenerated!

Robbie: This guy's gonna be tougher than I thought.

Aisha: Did you think he'd be a walk in the park?

Robbie: Doesn't matter. Either way it looks like I we're gonna be in this for the long haul. Which means Tommy better not screw around.

(Meanwhile back on earth, Rito and Goldar walk up the stairs of the silo control panel and prepare to start the bombs.)

Rito: How do we do this again?

Goldar: We just turn the key, enter the code and in ten minutes it deploys.

Rito: Won't it ask for identity verification.

Goldar: Don't worry. I've got the fingers of the guy in charge of that.

Rito: Beautiful.

"Freeze!"

(Though shaking at the knees, Bulk and Skull step in. Issuing a command from about twenty yards away.)

Bulk: Step away from the console with your hands in the air.

Rito: Look out Goldie, it's armed police men!

Bulk: A-actually, we don't have guns yet.

Goldar: After them!

Bulk: AHHH!!!

Skull: AHHH!!!

(Bulk and Skull about face and run the opposite direction as Rito and Goldar make chase)

Goldar: Get back here!

Rito: I want the fat one!

Bulk: No!! Please...

(Bulk and Skull try and evade the two monsters and hide behind crates but with very limited space in the compound there aren't many places to hide in.)

Goldar: Got you!

Skull: AHHHH!!!

(Skull bolts, but winds up running around in an aimless circle.)

Goldar: Running is futile. We will eventually catch you.

Rito: (Huffing) I... I need to quit smoking.

(Unfortunately, Bulk and Skull's escape attempt ends when they crash into one another while running circles in opposite directions. Goldar and Rito step in and stand before them.)

Rito: Now we got you.

Bulk: Please... we're sorry. We didn't mean it. We'll go. Promise. We're too young to die.

Goldar: You let us be the judge of that.

"Ahhhhh!"

(Goldar and Rito unsheathe their swords and prepare to do harm. Bulk and Skull cower in fear while holding one another.)

"Sui-yaaa!!!"

(Just in time however, the white ranger leaps from the skies to the rescue. He lands between the two monsters, surprises Rito with a kick to the chest. He ducks a Goldar punch before giving him the same.)

Bulk & Skull: Power rangers!!

Goldar & Rito: Power rangers!!

Goldar: We thought you were finished.

Tommy: Oh no. This is just the beginning.

Bulk & Skull: YEAAAA!!!

(Tommy turns around to address the duo.)

Tommy: Get out of here you two. I've got it from here.

Bulk: Oh, right.

Skull: Come on, we've gotta go check on Sammy!

Bulk: Right!

(The two run the opposite way to try and catch up to Sammy.)

Tommy: (To himself) Sammy? What's she up to?

"One. Two. One. Two. One. Two. One. Two."

(Further north from the base, Commander Kwan leads the entire police force and a class cadets down to the edge of a rocky cliff. Sammy tries desperately to hold her father back.)

Sammy: Dad!! Please, no!! Dad please stop! You've got to wake up!

(She pulls back at his waist with all her strength but meets little give. She does however come away with his gun.)

Commander Kwan: One. Two. One. Two.

(The commander gets closer and closer to the edge as Sammy's heart races through her shirt. She can't bear the thought of seeing her father lead his entire force to their deaths. She tries to think on her feet and points the weapon into the air to try and scare the police out of their stupor.)

Sammy: Here it goes...

(She pulls the trigger...)

Sammy: AHHH!

(The gun forces out of her hand with recoil and nearly deafens her. The officer reach the end unfazed. Mr. Kwan turns around right along the end.)

Commander Kwan: Formation.

(The officers line up beside him along the fragile rocky cliff. Pieces of rock are already beginning to crumble underneath them from the weight. Feeling completely helpless to avert tragedy, Sammy avoids her instinct of bursting into tears. She picks up the gun once more. Perhaps she thinks, if her father is incapacitated the others won't follow him over the edge. The thought alone brings tears to her eyes however. Could she even think of doing that? Does she have another choice? Either way she doesn't have much time to debate.)

Commander Kwan: Officers. Cadets. Jump at my command. One.

(Without much thought Sammy points the gun at her dad. She feels a lump in her throat.)

Commander Kwan: Two.

(Sammy clutches the gun with both hands. She turns her head away. There is a long pause between two and three. Almost as if there is some internal hesitance between following his orders and his free will. The latter eventually loses.)

Commander Kwan: Thre--

Sammy: No!!

(Sammy runs over, drops the weapon and grabs her father. With all her strength she tackles him to the floor behind her and pins him down.)

Sammy: Dad no. Please don't do this. Please don't jump.

(Her father aggressively tries to resist.)

Sammy: No. Please dad no. Please stay down.

(Sammy continues to clutch for dear life as the other officers silently stare off into the distance. Meanwhile back on Eltar, Ivan has been able to overpower his adversaries. He stands before them, both on one knee.)

Ivan Ooze: An admirable effort. Zordon would be proud of you two.

Robbie: You shut your mouth Ivan. Don't ever mention his name.

Ivan Ooze: Stiff upper lip. Even when facing impending doom. I like it. Just like Zordon... right before I shattered his tube.

Kimberly: ...

Ivan Ooze: Right before I took his most vital source of energy from him, he made a promise. He said his "rangers" will stop me. Bahaha!

Robbie: Shut up!

(Robbie angrily summons a laser to hit Ivan. It strikes dead on, but bounces off him and drills the Ninja Megazord instead)

"AHHH!"

Ivan Ooze: Hahaha. He did always have more guts than brains. Like father like sons I guess.

(Ivan turns away, comfortable that he won't be attacked.)

Ivan Ooze: As valiant an effort you're putting on, you no longer pose a challenge to me. I'll get my minions to finish you off as they did last time. I'm gonna go make sure your white ranger friend doesn't spoil my master plan.

Robbie: ...

Ninjor: ...

Ivan Ooze: Goldar. Rito. Come in.

(Voices come from the sky.)

Goldar: ...yeah?

Rito: Hey... what's... what's going on?

Ivan Ooze: I'm coming by the compound in a minute. Did the white ranger stop by yet?

Rito: ...

Goldar: Yep.

Rito: He sure did.

Ivan Ooze: He did? Well I assume since you're still here that he's been dealt with?

Kimberly: ...

Rito: Well...

Goldar: No. Also, we resign.

Ivan Ooze: WHAT?!?!

(The rangers burst into cheers.)

Adam: Yeah!

Kimberly: He did it!

Robbie: Alright, Tommy!

Ivan Ooze: YOU FAILED?! YOU'VE COMPROMISED MY DYING WISH?! MT REASON FOR BEING.

Goldar: ...

Rito: My bad.

Ivan Ooze: I need to go. I need to see this through if it's the last thing I do. But mark my words. If I come back, you two are finished.

(He disconnects with Goldar and Rito, looking furious.)

Billy: We've got to stop him, quick.

(Ivan puts his legs together and starts to fly away. Right as his feet leave the surface though, the Ninjazord grabs onto his feet.)

Robbie: Got him.

(Ninjazord gets yanked violently as it rockets through the blazing hot skies. As they soar higher and higher the air gets thinner and thinner and the temperature gets colder. Once past the atmosphere all noise ceases. Everything smells of burned metal and the rangers suddenly feel lighter and sleepier. They also feel themselves being pulled out of their seats by the lack of gravity.)

Billy: Everyone... buckle up!

(Everyone tries to seat themselves back down and locks themselves in.)

Billy: Thankfully the oxygen in the Ninja Megazord seems to be locked in.

Robbie: Think maybe we could have thought of that before?

Billy: Had to be done. Still, I don't know how long before we use it up. If there's even a crack in the windshield all our oxygen will be violently forced out along with us.

Adam: We just need to delay him as long as we can stand it. If he's anything like Ninjor, Dulcea and Zordon, he'll start to age rapidly outside his home environment.

Kimberly: You're plan of attack is to hope he dies of old age?

Adam: You have any better ideas?

Kimberly: Nope.

Rocky: I'm getting really tired here you guys.

Billy: That's the low oxygen kicking in.

Robbie: (To Billy) Can this thing even fight in outer space?

Billy: (Pointing) Well we're about to find out.

Ivan Ooze: Get off of me!

(Ivan looks back at the rangers, having a noticeably older looking face. He tries to shake them off with his boot.)

"Whoa!!!"

Robbie: Hang on tight!

(Ninja Megazord starts to swerve violently back and forth with the rangers inside. The grip on Ivan's foot remains however. He then tosses some energy beams at them. They're able to dodge the first few, but with limited mobility he drills them with a blast.)

"AHHHH!"

Ivan Ooze: Ahaha!

(Once he hits his target, he continues to hit the rangers repeatedly.)

Robbie: We're getting hit!

Billy: We're taking heavy damage!

Rocky: I can't see ahead of us!

Billy: Protect the windshield!!!

(The Ninja Megazord frees one hand to make sure the windshield does not shatter. This only loosens their grip on Ivan.)

Aisha: We're like fish in a barrel here.

Robbie: We have no choice. We have to keep holding on.

Aisha: He's gonna destroy us!

Robbie: You'd rather drift in space? We keep fighting or we die, am I clear?

(The blinded Ninja Megazord quickly reaches with the free hand to grab whatever it could grab. It gets a handful of Ivan's cape and yanks it back.)

Ivan Ooze: (Choking) GHHHHAAH.

(Pulling him back but still sailing forward due to inertia, the Ninja Megazord blasts Ivan with a punch.)

Robbie: Take that!

(Ivan loses control momentarily and begins spinning uncontrollably. However they lose their grip on Ivan. And without the ability to fly, the Ninja Megazord sails away in a completely different directions.)

Robbie: No!

Kimberly: Where are we going?

Aisha: (Mockingly) We're drifting in space.

Rocky: What do we do?!

Aisha: Find a new leader.

Robbie: You want to lead? You think you can do better?

Aisha: I have the same amount of leadership experience as you; none.

Robbie: I'm leading right now. The only think you've lead is yourself to the kitchen.

Aisha: That's it, you're dead.

Kimberly: Enough. Both of you. Remember what we're fighting for. We can't afford to repeat this mistake again.

Aisha: ...fine.

Robbie: Fine. We still need to find a way to get back on track.

(The rangers see Ivan recover and return toward earth. He starts to drift out of their field of vision, worrying the team. Suddenly, they feel something crash behind them; moving them forward.)

Billy: What was that?

Ninjor: Need a lift?

Rocky: Ninjor!

(Ninjor appears out of nowhere, appearing to ride a giant cloud.)

Robbie: Man, am I glad you're here.

Ninjor: Don't mention it. I'm not missing my chance to avenge Dulcea.

Robbie: She was a good woman. We'll make sure Ivan pays for what he did.

Aisha: Step on it, we're losing him!

(Ninjor speeds up to try and catch up to Ivan who is nearing earth. Ivan smiles as he feels himself coming close to accomplishing something he has waited ages to be able to do; even if he is not going to be able to enjoy it.)

Ivan Ooze: Finally. So close, I can taste it.

(Gradually however, Ooze begins to feel himself having trouble remaining awake. His alertness is taking a dip. This likely has little to do with the lack of air too.)

Ivan Ooze: No... No... (Coughs dryly) I need more time... just a little more...

(Ivan's body starts to ache and stiffen His focus wanes in and out. His vision degrades, as does his hearing. His hands extended outward prune and shrivel before his eyes. Ivan is almost out of time.)

Ivan Ooze: This... can't end like...

(Ivan drifts off into a deep sleep. He continues to drift toward earth. His eyes inch open briefly, where he's met with a surprise.)

Ivan Ooze: What is that odious stench?

Tommy: Rise and shine sleepy head.

Ivan Ooze: Huh!?

(The Falconzord is seen flying out of the earth's atmosphere in his direct path. It fires several missiles out of its mouth, which drills Ivan.)

Ivan Ooze: ARRHG.

(The other rangers and Ninjor catch up.)

Tommy Hey guys. Did I miss anything?

Robbie: Nope. We had everything under control.

Tommy: Good work. Now let's join them together and finish the job. Ninja Falconzord, power up!

(The Ninja Megazord leaps from Ninjor's cloud and is caught by the Falconzord which attaches to its back. Tommy enters the ranger cockpit sitting top and center.)

"Ninja Megazord battle ready!"

Tommy: Robbie, you stay at the helm for the rest of this fight?

Robbie: Nah, I think I'm good.

(Ivan is seen, short of breath across from the team.)

Tommy: You don't look too good, Ivan. I think you need to rest.

Ivan Ooze: Screw you. You've ruined my plan. I'll never make it in time. Do you know what this means for earth?!

Kimberly: It's safe?

Ivan Ooze: Only an imbecile (Coughs) thinks earth is safe as it is. All the war, the fighting, the (Coughs) racism and corruption. Earth is on a terminal path to destruction all on its own.

Billy: And you think blowing it up is going to make it better?

Ivan Ooze: I was going to save earth! I was going to unite all people. What of my methods? My plan was going to work. It was going to make everything better in the long ru--

Robbie: No. It wasn't.

Ivan Ooze: What?

Robbie: Earth has a laundry list of problems, it's not pretty down there. But we deserve the chance to fix them on our own. We have many people, great people, who have dedicated their lives to fighting to make things better.

Tommy: Diplomats, police officers, leaders of different trades.

Kimberly: Only seven of which are standing in front of you.

Robbie: You're not a liberator. And we're nothing alike. You're nothing but a twisted sociopath whose rationalized his plans for genocide. And luckily, you're about to die.

Ivan Ooze: And I'm taking you with me!

(Ivan makes one last charge at the Ninja Megazord. Although significantly weakened, he's able to charge up one final blast.)

Rocky: He's coming toward us!

Ninjor: Look out!

Ivan Ooze: THIS IS FOR EARTH.

(Planning on taking both he and the rangers out, he's about to flick his wrist. At the last second though, the Ninja Falconzord shifts to the side, extending the roach blade forward, and impales Ivan through the gut.)

Robbie: And that's for Dulcea, you son of a bitch.

(Ivan's eyes widen with shock, then start to dim. He's pushed backwards where he drifts aimlessly. His face continues to prune and his eyes roll back in his head. The beam he charged goes off on himself; leading to a massive explosion. He is nowhere to be seen once the smoke clears.)

Kimberly: And stay down.

Ninjor: You need to get back to Zordon, fast.

Tommy: Right. Thank you Ninjor. Great job everyone. Great job, Rob.

Robbie: You too. Assuming earth isn't a nuclear wasteland by now.

Tommy: You just have no faith in me, huh?

(Back on earth, all of Ivan's spells begin to wear off. The officers that were under a spell now begin to come to. Some panic upon finding themselves along the edge of a cliff. Some leap forward the opposite way reactively. Luckily no one is harmed. Sammy's father begin to come to as well. He finds himself in his daughters' tight embrace.)

Commander Kwan: ...honey?

Sammy: ...dad?

Commander Kwan: What's going on?

Sammy: You're okay...?

Bulk & Skull: They're okay!!

(Bulk and Skull rush to the scene with their arms waving in the air. Their declaration trigger cheers throughout the entire department as everyone comes together to celebrate.)

Bulk: You're alive! You're all alive!

Skull: Thank goodness...

(Among the high fiving and the hugs, the duo hear a familiar voice.)

Lt. Stone: Bulkmeier! Skullovitch!

Bulk: Uh...

Skull: Lt. Stone!

(Lt. Stone appears, wiping some purple residue from his face.)

Lt. Stone: What are you two doing here? And still in uniform? You aren't officers.

Skull: Uh... uh...

Bulk: W-w-we can explain.

Lt. Stone: (Interrupts) Wait. Were you guys responsible for this? For saving us from that purple guys' orders?

Bulk: Well...

Lt. Stone: The bombs...Were the nukes set off?

Bulk: We don't think so. We held off resistance until backup arrived.

Lt. Stone: Amazing. You two really showed leadership and bravery.

Bulk: We did?

Lt. Stone: Absolutely. I mean, you two have some work to do... but I think you may have what it takes to join the force after all.

Skull: We do?

Lt. Stone: (Extends hand) Welcome to the team, men. You are now Angel Grove Junior Police Officers.

Bulk: We are?!

Lt. Stone: Report tomorrow at 0800 hours.

(Stone salutes the boys, then marches off. They stumble to salute as well but turn to each other once he leaves and squeal with excitement.)

Bulk: YEAAAAAAHHHH!

Skull: We did it! We did it! We did it! WOOOO!

(Meanwhile back on the now unclaimed palace, an indignant Zedd marches back with his wife tailing behind.)

Lord Zedd: I don't care what he said, I'm the emperor of evil for crying out loud. I paid a fortune for that toothbrush and I demand to take it with me.

Rita: Mmmmm!

Lord Zedd: No one asked you woman. Wha—huh?

(Zedd walks into a nearly vacant main hall. He can hear his voice echoing more than usual. He looks around for Ivan but doesn't see him. He does spot a small group of his old minions huddled around Rita's telescope staring blankly at one another.)

Lord Zedd: Where is Ivan?

Finster: Well...

Baboo: He's... he's...

Squatt: Gone to a big farm upstate.

Lord Zedd: What?!

Rita: Hmm?!

Finster: The Power Rangers took him out.

(Finster and the rest of the minions share a somber moment of silence for the loss of their beloved leader.)

Lord Zedd: Ahahahaha!

(Zedd does not join them.)

Lord Zedd: This is marvelous! I warned that booger head about the rangers but he wouldn't listen. Oh, if ever there was a time where I am happy to see those power pukes win, this is that time!

Rita: Hm, hm hmmm hmmmm!

Lord Zedd: That's right my dear. Go, go Power Rangers indeed!

(Zedd steps back onto his throne proudly.)

Lord Zedd: Now, there is no mistaking. I am the unequivocal ruler of evil. This. Is my domain. And anyone who dares to step out of line, will join Ivan in the depths of hades. AHAHAHA!

Goldar: That's fine with me, oh great one. I didn't like Ivan anyway.

Rito: Yeah. Total hard head. Speaking of domain though. You guys still don't mind if I crash here for a bit? Just until I get back on my feet.

(Rita and Zedd both stare at him blankly.)

Rito: I mean, we're cool right?

Rita: Hmm Hmmm?! Hmm Hmmm?!?! Hmm Hmm Hmmm Hmmm!!!

(Rita lunges at her younger brother and strangles him. The rest of the staff tries to jump in and separate them.)

Lord Zedd: Back away this instant; all of you. You'll each get your turn soon enough. Ahahaha!

(Minutes after finishing off Ivan Ooze, the rangers make a mad dash back to the command center. They're barely able to rip their helmets off before crowding around Zordon.)

Kimberly: Zordon!! Zordon we're back!!

Tommy: Yeah we got our powers back too.

Kimberly: Zordon?

(Zordon is non-responsive. Everyone's hearts drop in disbelief as they look over the pale, lifeless body of their mentor.)

Rocky: (Softly) No...

Aisha: Zordon...

Robbie: ...

Adam: I can't believe it. We're... too late.

(Kim slowly reaches out to hold his hand. It is cold to the touch.)

Kimberly: Zordon... (Sniffs) Please don't go.

Rocky: This can't be happening. Things were going so well. We were supposed to do it. We were supposed to come back and save the day.

(The rangers are momentarily silent. With only the sound of sniffling.)

Kimberly: (Voice crackling) Ever since he came into our lives he's been like a father to us.

Robbie: Really he's the only father I ever had.

Billy: This can't be it. There's got to be some other way.

(Robbie looks around.)

Robbie: Maybe there is.

Billy: What do you mean?

Tommy: Yeah Robbie.

Robbie: I saw this in a really bad movie once. Maybe if we hold hands around him and we pray together... he might come back to life.

(No one responds, but no one wants to reject the idea either. Everyone joins by Robbie's side as they circle around Zordon. They extend their arms out and upwards and close their eyes.)

Robbie: ...

(Nothing happens for about fifteen seconds. However unbeknownst to them things around the command center begin shifting around. Shards of glass on the floor vanish, the fried circuit boards self-repair and the smoke clears. The dead lights around them start to flicker again. This catches the ranger's attention. The collapsed pillars beside them rise and relight; bringing the lights back on for the entire command center. As soon as that happens, Zordon takes a deep breath.)

Zordon: (Gasps) ...!!

(The rangers look on completely stunned and overjoyed as the transferring of their powers reenergized their leader. Tears of joy start forming as he stands. The energy tube reforms around him again. Finally, he reappears as the giant head they've come to love.)

Zordon: Rangers!

Kimberly: Zordon! Oh thank goodness you're okay. I thought we lost you...

Zordon: It is good to see you too, Kimberly.

(The rangers join together in a warm embrace as they look up to their smiling leader. The whole team, but Billy and Adam later conclude their long but shortened weekends back at the Juice Bar. They are indoors this time by the barstools as they listen to a uniformed Bulk and Skull brag to a group of onlookers.)

Bulk: ...and right when they were about set the bomb off, Skull and I stepped in and said "freeze, you filthy animals."

Skull: They took one look at us, and they ran for the hills with their tails tucked between their legs.

"Whoa!"