An Abundance of Katherines

"Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back."
~John Green

"What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?"
~John Green

"I figured something out. The future is unpredictable."
~John Green

"Here's to all the places we went. And all the places we'll go. And here's to me, whispering again and again and again and again: iloveyou"
~John Green

"There's some people in this world who you can just love and love and love no matter what."
~John Green

"That's who you really like. The people you can think out loud in front of."
~John Green

"If people could see me the way I see myself - if they could live in my memories - would anyone love me?"
~John Green

"What matters to you defines your mattering."
~John Green

"He liked the mere act of reading, the magic of turning scratches on a page into words inside his head."
~John Green

"Because you're only thinking they-might-not-like-me-they-might-not-like-me, and guess what? When you act like that, no one likes you."
~John Green

"How do you just stop being terrified of getting left behind and ending up by yourself forever and not meaning anything to the world?"
~John Green

"That smile could end wars and cure cancer."
~John Green

"Well, while you were in the bathroom, I sat down at this picnic table here in Bumblefug, Kentucky, and noticed that someone had carved that GOD HATES FAG, which, aside from being a grammatical nightmare, is absolutely ridiculous. So I'm changing it to 'God Hates Baguettes.' It's tough to disagree with that. Everybody hates baguettes."
~John Green

"you can never love someone as much as you miss them."
~John Green

"I don't think you can ever fill the empty space with the thing you lost."
~John Green

"The thing about chameleoning your way through life is that it gets to where nothing is real."
~John Green

"We fatties have a bond, dude. It's like a secret society. We got all kinds of shit you don't know about. Handshakes, special fat people dances-we got these secret fugging lairs in the center of the earth and we go down there in the middle of the night when all the skinny kids are sleeping and eat cake and fried chicken and shit. Why d'you think Hollis is still sleeping, kafir? Because we were up all night in the secret lair injecting butter frosting into our veins. ...A fatty trusts another fatty."
~John Green

"It's just that I learned a while ago that the best way to get people to like you is not to like them too much."
~John Green

"I am crying, he thought, opening his eyes to stare through the soapy, stinging water. I feel like crying, so I must be crying, but it's impossible to tell because I'm underwater. But he wasn't crying. Curiously, he felt too depressed to cry. Too hurt. It felt as if she'd taken the part of him that cried."
~John Green

"They like their coffee like they like their ex-boyfriends: bitter."
~John Green

"I'm what I need to be at any moment to stay above the ground but below the radar. The only sentence that begins with 'I' that's true of me is 'I'm full of shit.'"
~John Green

"Colin did not laugh. Instead he thought, Tampons have strings? Why? Of all the major human mysteries - God, the nature of the universe, etc. - he knew the least about tampons. To Colin, tampons were a little bit like grizzly bears: he was aware of their existence, but he'd never seen one in the wild, and didn't really care to."
~John Green

"You matter as much as the things that matter to you. And I got so backwards trying to matter to him. All this time, there were real things to care about: real, good people who care about me, and this place. It's so easy to get stuck. You just get caught in being something, being special or cool or whatever, to the point where you don't even know why you need it; you just think you do."
~John Green

"I don't think your missing pieces ever fit inside you again once they go missing."
~John Green

"He found himself thinking that maybe stories don't just make us matter to each other - maybe they're also the only way to the infinite mattering he'd been after for so long.
And Colin thought: Because like say I tell someone about my feral hog hunt. Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward - ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter - maybe less than a lot, but always more than some."
~John Green

"Do you know what your problem is? You can't live with the idea that someone might leave."
~John Green

"And he was feeling not-unique in the very best possible way."
~John Green

Finished! I want to read this book too. Screw it, I want to read all of John Green's books. TFIOS was simply amazing, and I know every other book has to be amazing also. I am reading, "Looking for Alaska", next. I can't wait! So, that was, "An Abundance of Katherines". Next, we have Paper Towns!
~Dreaming14