Chapter LV

They walked to the cars and got in. Shelby got in the back letting Millie ride up front with Donald. She sat back there and cried the whole way to the hospital. When they pulled into the parking lot at the emergency room, she wiped the tears away. Donald dropped them off and they went to the sidewalk to wait. John let out his riders and then pulled away following Donald.

Daisy walked up and took Shelby's hand again then asked, "Are you going to be ok?"

"Yeah I think so. I can't believe this happened again." she said.

"This has happened before to Tommy?" Daisy asked.

"This is the first time that I know of that they've put him in the hospital. Derek has been on Tommy's case since he and Lauren broke up." she said.

"This is because of Lauren?" Daisy asked.

"As far as I know, yes." she said.

"Well, come on. Let's go find Tommy." Daisy said.

They walked into the emergency room doors and a nurse took them back to where Tommy was supposed to be. He wasn't there. The nurse said she'd be right back with information for us. The nurse was gone for a few minutes.

When she came back, she stuck her head in the room and said, "They've taken him for x-rays. He should be back as soon as they're done." then walked away.

They sat there waiting for Tommy to come back. Shelby noticed his clothes were in a bag. They were covered in blood. She started getting really worried. Daisy noticed what Shelby was looking at.

"Don't do that. It'll make you worry more. He's going to be fine. You'll see." Daisy said.

"There's so much blood though." she said.

"It may not be all Tommy's blood. It could be the one's he was fighting's blood." Daisy said.

Shelby nodded that she understood but she wasn't sure she believed. It was a lot of blood and he had blood on his head when they took him out of the theater. She sat there and tried real hard not to think about the blood but it was hard to do.

The nurse came back, stuck her head in and said, "They're in here. They should be bringing your friend back soon."

John and Donald walked in. Shelby stood up and John went straight to her. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm ok. Daisy's been helping out." she said.

John turned to Daisy and said, "Thank you."

"Anytime, babe." Daisy said.

Shelby started laughing and said, "Babe. And here I thought kiddo was bad."

"There you are. There's the Shelby I know and love." John said.

"I've been here all along." she said.

"He's going to be fine. You'll see." John said.

The nurse stopped at the door and Tommy was rolled inside in a bed. His head was wrapped up and he didn't look too good. He had his eyes closed and he looked dead. Shelby walked up beside the bed and touched his hand. Tommy opened his eyes slowly to look at her.

"Hey babygirl!" he said excitedly.

"Hey sweetie." she said. "How do you feel?" she asked.

"I'm alright. My head hurts though." he said. "How do I look?" he asked.