chapter 2 - the message

"All we have is the element of surprise. If I'm dead, they obviously know everything about my plan, and even just saying that is a shock to me." Wells continues, "STAR Labs was my life's work and so was that stupid kid Barry. I purposefully made that accelerator explode because I knew it would create super human speed. Granted, I didn't know who would get it. I'm sorry that all of this is so sudden, and also about the fact that I didn't acknowledge that I just gave you the identity of the biggest secret kept in Central City. There is no time for that. I hand chose you as the person who would live with me so that I could send you this when I died and it wouldn't be weird. What I need you to do is to make Barry Allen fall in love with you. I don't care how you do it, just do. Once you do that, you need to destroy STAR Labs. You see, it's not as simple as just destroying the computers and getting rid of Barry's powers. I had everything saved and resaved thousands of times so that no one could do that to me. You must go inside and retrieve the key codes. Caitlin and Cisco definitely have them somewhere, and I can't tell you because they are changed every 2 days. Once you get them you have to read the instructions that I left in my safe to delete everything and to take away Barry's speed. I understand that this may take days, weeks, or months depending on your skills and their intelligence. Don't rush, the second anyone gets a scent that you are crossing them, it will be over for you. Luckily, Cisco hasn't been able to change any of software since I have kept this will updated every week for years. The date is August 24. I can't believe I'm gone. Everything else you need to know is at the end of this video in slideshow form. You can do this, Eden. Although as you'll soon find out, my word doesn't mean much, but I hope you can see that even though I'm evil, my work deserves to die with me. I think I deserve at least that. Thank you, Eden." Wells finally finishes, but whispers something short at the end, "One last thing... I have people watching you so you must follow through with this, or we'll be seeing each other sooner than I think we'd both like."

And with that, the video ends. To say I'm shocked would be the least accurate description of how I'm feeling. 

"I guess I have to go to STAR labs then and start." I say to myself as I retrieve the STAR Labs white coat from a box sent to my apartment.

As I walk out of my house I realize that this is the beginning of a chapter in my life that I will never be able to forget. Lucky me, I guess.