3 || Impossible love

I blinked.

Once. Twice.

Then I burst out laughing, to which he simply raised an eyebrow.

I sobered up almost immediately when I realised he really wasn't joking.

Sh*t.

"Listen, buddy. I'm wearing puppy pyjamas. Ok? I'm really not your girl." I said, indicating my outfit with my hands as I did.

His smirk turned to a grin as he looked me up and down, starting to circle me.

"You see, the problem is that I need Archer to win this race. Unfortunately, he doesn't have enough motivation yet and Fyn, that's the guy he's going against, is most likely to give you a little sexy time with his eyes when he sees you. I just need you to make your boyfriend jelous. And I'll give him double his money." He says as a compromise.

I purse my lips. "He's not my boyfriend and he won't get jelous." I state simply.

He smirks. "So you'll do it?"

"Sure but I don't know what I'm supposed to wear. I mean, I'm wearing frikking puppy shirts."

"Don't you worry about that, princess. Just go to that girl over there and she'll sort you out." He says and guides me over to a girl.

Tall, blonde, pretty. Clearly his sister.

They share a few words before she gives me a once over and takes my hand, leading to a little tunnel thing that the players usually come out from.

She hands me a some denim blue short shorts, a tank top and a red flannel.

I raise a brow.

She indicates with her hands for me to get changed and turns around.

I frown. Then I think, 'what the hell? Who can say that the old River Harrison is dead?'

This is the type of thing the old me would do. Stupid things.

So I quickly strip out of my clothes and put on the thing that she gives me.

The shorts are a little too short, barely covering my bum.

But damn I know I look good the second I step out into the stadium.

The crowd immediately burst into cheer, wolf whistles coming at me left right and centre.

I wink, twirling my hair around my finger.

I walk with a strut in my steps, somehow managing to make my beige vans sexy.

I'm a legend, I know.

I make it to the two cars and my gaze lands on Archer. He's glaring straight ahead at me, his jaw locked and his eyes dark.

I smirk and move my gaze to the other guy who seems to be undressing the minimal clothing I have on with his eyes.

I roll my eyes, holding the unloaded gun up with my arm straight. 

The other guy, Fyn or whatever hollers, "Go on sexy. Do your thing. Let me win this race and I'll take you home as a trophy."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, instead looking to Archie. His left eye twitched, his grip on the wheel becoming deadly.

Just as I'm about to press the gun, the intercom screeches to life again.

"Let's make a deal boys." The voice, which I know recognise as Luca, exclaims. "Whoever wins this race, gets to take this sexy hotness home."

My jaw drops. Ok, this I never agreed to. Just as I'm about to speak out, Fyn shout out 'deal.'

I tentatively look over to Archie whose eyes are lit with anger.