Chapter 9

"What is this?!" Harry exclaimed, looking at his back in the mirror. There was a large tattoo of phoenix wings and general markings. He had never gotten a tattoo though, never. With his shirt still off, he walked, backwards, into the bathroom where Draco was.

"Look at this, I haven't noticed this before, and I doubt it was there before. I haven't ever gotten a tattoo, not even one." Draco was staring at his own back. He had the same thing, just more black than orange. They seemed to complement each other.

"This is weird. First, we have depression, then we start randomly getting pulled together, and we have to get new wands, but now this." The marks ran all the way down their arms, almost to their wrists. Harry reached out to touch Draco's mark, and the weirdest thing happened. Draco let out a noise that almost sounded like a purr, then promptly turned red in embarrassed.

"I don't know what that was." He mumbled, embarrassed. "Let me try it." He, in turn, touched Harry's, and Harry made the same noise.

"What the heck is wrong with us?" Harry laughed, also embarrassed. He pulled his shirt on, concealing the mark.

"I don't know. Let's hope nothing else weird happens," Draco replied, also putting his shirt on. They walked back out to the couch, deciding to finish off their homework. They settled in. This was going to take a while.

***

Finally, they finished. Exhausted, they slumped on the couch. It was late, and they both wanted to sleep. But of course, they were pulled together again. This time Harry's right shoulder was on Draco's chest, and Draco's arm was around Harry. Their legs were together also, so there was no going to the bedroom. They relaxed, used to this and promptly fell asleep.

***

Hermione decided to check in on the pair before going to bed. She made the trip to the ROR and walked in quietly.

"Harry?" She said softly as she entered, and then looked at the sofa. They were snuggled together on the couch, sleeping peacefully. She had to admit they looked cute. She watched them sleep. She thought about how last year they hated each other, and look at them now. She smiled and left, not wanting to be caught out late.

***

When Draco woke up, he was snuggled with Harry. He noticed two things. One, he was able to move again, and also that he didn't want to. He wasn't going to be able to fall asleep again, so he just watched Harry sleep. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep, his hair falling in his face just like he was falling for hi-what? Just as he had this thought, Harry stirred. He opened his eyes, looked around, seemed to think about something, and stayed where he was. Neither of them wanting to move, they stayed there for most of the morning, neither of them being morning people.

Then they heard the door click, and in walked McGonagall.She looked at them, together on the couch and smiled.

"Just waking up?" She asked, humor in her voice.

"Uh..." They replied. She smiled again, walking over to where the stacks of homework were.

"I'll come back in a few days with more work. But for now, I'll let you be." She walked out.

"So, what do you want to do? We don't have anything to do since we have no homewor-" But he was cut off as their legs were pulled together. They both fell off of the couch, Draco landing on top of Harry. They stared into each other's eyes.

Wow, his eyes are an attractive shade of grey. Harry thought, looking up. At the same time, Draco was thinking about the thought he had earlier. At the same time, they both seemed to lean into each other, connecting their lips. They rolled, not breaking contact. They managed to get themselves on the couch. Harry moaned, letting Draco have access to his mouth. They were wrapped up in each other, no cares in the world. Then they heard a voice.

"Um.. Harry, I know you told me not to bring Ron, but..." Hermione and Ron were standing there awkwardly. The two jumped apart and blushed crimson red. No one said anything for a while. Then Ron burst out,

"Why him? Why Malfoy?" Harry looked at Hermione, who shook her head. She hadn't told him anything. Harry sighed. Here they go again.

"This might take awhile." He said, and they all sat down.

***

"So, are you two...." Hermione trailed off.  The two looked at each other, meeting each other eyes. Harry took Draco's hand.

"Yeah, I guess." They smiled, squeezing each other's hands.

"Harry, when are you coming back to class?" Ron asked.

"I don't know. I'll ask McGonagall tomorrow. Don't you guys have classes?" He asked and Hermione jumped up, pulling Ron with her.

"Come on, we're going to be late!!" She practically ran out of the room, yelling a quick thanks over her shoulder before shutting the door. Harry and Draco looked at each other before continuing where they left off.