12

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

the next day.

I CLIMBED UP my bedroom window and unpacked my belongings from my bookbag.
There was school today so I packed my supplies and climbed back down and started walking to school.

When I was walking down the halls, I earned a few stares and could hear whispers that were clearly about me. I sighed and lowered my head in hopes of drawing away some of the attention.

While I was going through my locker, I felt someone hug behind me.

"Nina! Oh my gosh, you're back. I was so worried about you, where did you go?" Though his voice was muffled from my hair, I could tell it was Two-bit by the way he hugged me.

I turned around and put on a smile. "Hey, Two-bit. I was only walking around town, no biggie."

His eyes widened. "No biggie?! You were gone for three days leaving nothing but a 3-sentence note! I'd obviously care where you were!"

I rolled my eyes and shut my locker. Silence fell between the two of us.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Look, I'm sorry that I kept many secrets from you. I know you're hurting, but please know that I've done what I did for a reason."

I shook my head. "No, I'm not angry at you. Zachary is the one at fault," I hesitated for a second. "I'm going to report him to the police."

Two-bit was stunned. "A-are you sure, Nina? I mean there's probably a better way to solve this-"

"No!" I yelled. People were looking at us, and whispers filled the hallway once again.

"He cannot get away with this! Zachary is going to get what he deserves and I don't care if you agree with me or not, because I'm going to either way." I said as the bell for first period rang.

"See you later, Two-bit." was all I said before walking quickly to class.

***

First period ended and I went to my second period, which was biology, meaning Zachary was there too.

I haven't seen him since the incident, and it irritated me how oblivious I was. I couldn't look at him the same way anymore. The goofy, smiley bright-eyed Zachary was no longer present and an evil, disgusting prick was replaced.