.28

Emory Allen POV

I left the music off as we both sat in my car on the freeway. My hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, debating on whether or not I should bring the half sleep girl to my house. I turned to my right slightly, watching as she tried her hardest to stay awake. Her brown waves pushing against the glass of the window every few seconds as her eyelids flickered open. I couldn't help but smile slightly, we were pretty much alone on this freeway, silence encompassing us while the street lights shined brightly into the windshield.

"Why are you watching me?" There was a grogginess in her tone that I found extremely alluring. I shouldn't be finding it alluring, I should be maintaining my professional position.

"It's funny watching you try and stay awake," my eyes glanced over at her before returning to the road. I took an exit that led to my apartment.

"Where are you taking me?" She sat up in the leather seat and watched as we came to a stop light.

I hesitated, not even sure with myself if I really wanted to bring my seventeen year old student into my apartment. "I, Uh, figured I'd just let you crash at my apartment, considering all that's happened tonight."

Her eyebrows furrowed together, "Uh, are you sure that's a good idea?"

The fact that she sounded concerned was a little flattering. She knew I could possible get into trouble by letting her stay at my place, but honestly, I could get into trouble for just about everything I did tonight. That didn't stop me from doing it.

"Yeah, its fine," I smiled when the light turned green letting me move forward until I was turning into my parking garage. She examined everything around her, from the seats in my car to the darkness of the large parking garage. As I pulled into my space, the engine cut and I motioned for her to follow me.

I led her into the elevator, pressing the button to the third floor and waiting impatiently. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, why I was allowing her to stay with me when I should've been the adult and brought her back to Woodlands. I knew this whole thing was wrong, it was wrong for her to be here standing next to me in that red dress half asleep. But the doors to the elevator parted and I was already in way too deep.

We walked down the hall until I came to my door and unlocked it. Before I opened it completely, I turned to look at the post high, slightly confused girl, "My apartment isn't the neatest, just a heads up."

She laughed and made my skin shiver, "That's honestly kind of surprising, you always seem so organized."

I moved to the side allowing her to walk in. Shutting the door behind me and flipping on the kitchen light. There were clothes and shoes strewn all around, glasses from coffee sat scattered around the table and counter, the tv was on mute showing some reality show. She smirked at the scene before her as I went into the living room and cut off the tv. I stood with the remote in my hand, "So, uh, you can sleep in my room tonight and I'll bring you back to Woodlands tomorrow morning."

I started to go into my bedroom to make sure the bed was clear and to grab a blanket for myself when she spoke, "Why are you being nice to me?"

My feet came to a stop. The question was valid, especially considering all the trouble she had caused tonight. I should've been pissed off, threatening to report her to Mr Gains or worse. Yet I wasn't. Instead I was doing the complete opposite. I would've asked myself the same question, but I didn't have to because deep down I already knew why I was doing this.

I turned slowly to face her again, she was just standing in the middle of my living room. Dressed in that short red dress with her hair a completely beautiful mess. My feet came a little closer so that I was standing beside the couch that she was in front of. "You don't know me very well, and that's my fault." I looked down at my hands, "All those times you asked me to be real with you, I've wanted to tell you the truth about me... about why I am the way I am."