Chapter 1

Perrie
"Can you believe it, guys? After six wonderful years together, Jed and I are finally tying the knot" Jade said dreamingly while she inspected the diamond ring on her slender ring finger.

She lied on an inflatable pizza slice, peacefully floating around in the pool as she sipped of her watermelon cider. A pair of blue Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses protected her eyes from the sun's powerful rays. Her fit body was clad in a white Calvin Klein bikini.

Jed lied next to her, his muscular arm around her body. He wore light brown Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses and red swimming trunks. His slender fingers were wrapped around a glass bottle of blueberry cider.

Andre and Leigh-Anne relaxed in the jacuzzi. They fed each other with chocolate covered strawberries while they shared a bottle of rosé. Every now and then Andre would attack Leigh-Anne with kisses, which caused her to erupt in hysterical laughter.

Alex and I rested our exhausted bodies on a chaise lounge. We both wore swimwear and sunglasses. I enjoyed an ice cold Vanilla Coke with four ice cubes while Alex rewarded himself with his all-time favourite drink; a cherry/blueberry slushy.

Lying on the other chaise lounge, Jesy exposed her skin to the sun. Jake stood behind her, massaging her shoulders with oil. The love he had for his wife was easy for everybody to see. Although they had been together for eight years, Jake still looked at Jesy like it was the first time he saw her.

In our friend group, they were the strongest couple. They had been through hell and back more times than I could count, but never once given up on each other. Jake fought for Jesy like he tried to win her, whereas Jesy fought for him like she was about to lose him. They loved each other very much.

"Jake and I actually thought Perrie and Alex would be the next couple to get married. You and Jed haven't really talked much about marriage" Jesy spoke.

Finding some interest in the conversation that was about to begin, I sat up. Alex groaned, dissatisfied with the loss of warmth. I removed my sunglasses, let them rest atop my head. I wanted to see Jade clearly when she gives an answer to Jesy's comment.

What Jesy said was true. Neither Jade or Jed had mentioned marriage, let alone spending their lives together. So when Jade told us last year that Jed had proposed, it came as a shock. Nobody thought Jed would do such a thing, since he "doesn't like to plan ahead of time".

But hey, people change. The people we least expected to be together were getting married in eight weeks. Eight weeks! Who could've thought that? Nobody! Boy, I still had a hard time accepting it. And it'd been over three months since they said they'd marry each other at the end of the summer.

Clearing her throat, Jade spoke:

"Well, that's because neither of us thought we'd make it this far. With Jed going to law school across the country, I thought we'd call it quits considering he wouldn't have much time on his hands, and long distance relationships usually don't work out. But he made time for me, he put in effort to maintain our relationship. He didn't want to let me go. I didn't want to let go of him either, because", Jade bit her lower lip as she fixated her eyes on her husband-to-be, "no guy has ever loved or cared for me the way Jed does. There's nobody like him, nobody who can love me like he can."

I am here, Jade. All you have to do is come and get me.

"Aww, that's very sweet of you, cherub" Jed smiled.

Jed connected his lips with his fiancée's. Giggling, they shared a heated kiss. I put my sunglasses back on, then I made my way to Jed and Jade's house. I hated to see them kiss, hated to see somebody that wasn't me make my girl happy. All I wanted right now was to get away from them. Their house was the perfect hideout.