Chapter 11

March 16th 2018
2 months and 19 days

"Give Tom a smile, come on, you know you wanna" Tom cooed to Sophie who sat on Jacks lap, head secured by his arm.

"She's not gonna smile at you mate, no chance!" Jack threw his head back laughing.

They were all out for a meal for Fionn's 21st birthday at a restaurant in town.

"She is if I make funny faces more" Tom said making funny faces Sophie, to which she just stared at him in complete wonder. Jenny laughed and leaned down towards her face kissing her cheeks.

"My pretty baby" she whispered stroking her cheek with her thumb, which made Sophie smile.

Jenny's eyes went wide and sat up.

"Did you see that?!" She said making Jack scrunch is eyebrows together.

"See what?" He asks.

"She smiled at me!" She gasps.

Tom looked over and pulled face.

"What?" He said sadly.

"Mummy loves you, yes she does" Jenny said making Sophie smile again as all of them watched in awe. She looked up at Jack who was smiling down at sophie in his arms.

"She smiled on my birthday, I feel privileged" Fionn said making everyone laugh.

Jenny set her drink down and told jack to pass Sophie to her. She stood up holding Sophie close and went to the bathroom.

A few minutes later Jenny came back and sat down with Sophie's head laying on her shoulder. She rubbed her back and started to talk with Harry.

"I met someone" he told Jenny quietly. Jenny froze and looked up, a smirk planted on her face.

"So, who's the lucky person?" She whispered. Her and Harry were extremely close, he was kind of like her third brother that would pay attention and actually take interest in the things she had said.

"Her names Alison, we met at a club the other day, exchanged numbers and what not, we've been talking ever since and she wants to meet up tomorrow for like a date I think?" He admitted sipping his beer.

"That's incredible Harry! Good for you, you should go for it" Harry nodded.

"I mean yeh, she's a lovely girl, I might have to" he winked making Jenny laugh.

Fionn got his cake and everyone sang happy birthday, the meal had come to an end. Everyone had said goodbye to each other which left, Lucy, Aneurin, Jack and Jenny together walking down the busy streets of London.

Jack was pushing Sophie in the pram with Jenny by his side, and the other two by hers. 

"Can we look in boots for a second need some new perfume" Jenny said, Lucy agreed walking towards the door. Aneurin held the door open for Jack.

"They're gonna be in here for some time" Aneurin said picking up a lipstick which he looked confused at.

Jack sighed and followed the girls towards the perfume section. He walked over with Aneurin to the men's section and picked up a Hugo Boss tester, he sprayed it and nodded liking it. 

"Paco rabanne lady million or Michael kors? Jenny said holding up two boxes. He had no clue.

"Erm, the gold.." he had said referring to Paco rabanne.

"Good, I like this one better anyway" she said putting it in the basket.

"You're only buying that? Right?.." Jack said pushing the pram following Jenny, she turned her head around and winked.

"Of course" she said with a grin.

The two girls walked out of boots with two bags each filling their hands. Jack and Aneurin came out groaning.

"Finally" Aneurin said throwing his head back.

Jenny and Jack made it back to their flat an hour later. Sophie was lay on the playmat in the living room looking up at the stars that were hanging above.

Jack sat on the sofa watching football whilst Jenny made tea.

"She has her first set of injections tomorrow, so we'll have to be up early" Jenny said wiping her hands on her jeans.

"I'm really worried, what if she's in pain" Jack said looking down at Sophie with a sad smile on his face.

Jenny smiled and sat next to him.

"I'm thinking the same, she'll be fine though I promise" she said kissing his cheek.

"She looks fascinated by those stars" he said sitting up and kneeling down next to Sophie.

Jenny did the same and lay on her side.

"I know" she said reaching over to flick the star.

"Hi" Jack kept repeating in a baby voice making Sophie smile, he smiled as her hand wrapped around his finger.

"You're beautiful" he whispered leaning down pressing a kiss on her head.

The next day

"Yeh she was good mum, I was worried she was gonna cry but she never did" Jack said to his mum down the phone as Sophie lay on his lap.

"Thas' good, very proud of her, she's a champ like you was when you were wee" His mum replied.

Jack heard Jenny come out of bedroom and into the kitchen. He looked up and then looked down at Sophie.

"Anyway mum, gonna have to go, speak soon" He spoke.

"Thas' alright son, bye sweetheart" He put the phone down after saying goodbye and picked Sophie up holding her and walking into the kitchen.

"That your mum?" Jenny asked pouring herself a cup of tea.

"Yeh, wanted to know how the injections went" He said looking down at Sophie.

Jenny turned around and sipped her tea.

"Bless her" she said walking forward and reaching out touching Sophie's cheek.

"She did well though" Jack said holding Sophie's head to his chest.

"Yeh she did, quite surprised really, apparently I cried when I got mine done" Jenny said.

"That's because you cry at everything" Jack replied, Jenny's eyes went wide making Jack laugh.

"I'm joking" he said kissing her.

"Yeah yeah"