Ex.

Taylor's pov:

"So how have you been?" He asks across the table

I stare at him as he takes a sip of his red wine that has been sitting there too long. Our food hasn't arrived yet but I guess that's what happens when you go to a fancy restaurant

"Too personal?" He questions

"No I just.."

He smiles

I sigh "There's a lot that comes with that question" I give a weak smile

He nods "I won't push. I'll keep it simple then. What's your favorite animal?" Adam asks

"Probably..a fox or a cat?" I bite my lip

"Nice. I go for a tiger" He says proudly "King of the jungle"

I smile. I glance around again. This is honestly too awkward for me to handle. Not to mention, I am not having a fun time. We've been here for at least an hour and it seems that this Adam guy is obviously not experienced with dates. Or maybe it's just me.

"So are you from here Taylor?" He asks curiously

I snap my head towards him "Uhm no. I'm actually from Pennsylvania. But then me and my family moved here to New York when I was really young"

"So you have family here?"

"No. Most of my family is in Tennessee. My parents and younger brother moved back to Pennsylvania a couple years ago. I stayed"

"You couldn't get away from the horrible smells and rude people?"

I roll my eyes mentally "More like the liveliness and the rush. The city that never sleeps" I take a sip from my wine that's gone warm

He nods

I let my eyes drift off again. But I wish I hadn't. I begin to choke as my drink is suddenly spilled all over my lap. I cough as Adam grabs his napkin and hands it to me "Shit are you okay?"

I nod as I can finally breathe again "I'm going to go to the bathroom to try and get some of the stain out"

Adam stands up

"I got it" I scoot my chair back "Thanks"

He takes his seat with no questions

I rush off to the bathroom.

She saw me. She definitely saw me. I bet she's laughing at what just happened. Or perhaps this sad date that I'm on. I stare at myself in the mirror. I feel like shit now. I feel like I was supposed to look different before she saw me again but nothing has changed. I'm the same old me. Nothing worse but nothing better. Well maybe worse since I have a large, dark stain on my red, short dress.

I stare at it before grabbing a towel and running it under hot water. I hope this place doesn't mind that I'm going to ruin their towel.

"You're not going to get it out that way"

I jump in surprise as my ex stands behind me in the mirror

"You should at least add some soap"

I keep my face neutral as I add some then continue to rub my dress in hopes of cleaning it

"Or maybe you should ditch that guy and just go home. Surely he isn't worth more than that dress" she says "You need laundry detergent more than him right now"

I imagine her smirking in my head "And you would know that how?" I ask a bit strongly as I stare at her reflection in the mirror

"You're not into men as much as you're into women"