Chapter One

Jason P.O.V

Percy approached Jason with slow steps.

"Jason," He said. "Chiron has an assignment for me, and he said I could take someone with me. Wanna come?" Percy asked. Jason shook his head.

"Oh, c'mon, Jason!" Percy pleaded. "We're going to go pick up a new demigod."

"No."

Percy sat down next to his friend.

"You really need to go meet some more people."

"I had people. They died."

"Jason, that girl, um, Piper, you never actually dated her."

"I might have liked to."

"You knew her for like half an hour!" Jason stood up.

"You don't get it, Percy! I was trying to catch her, but she was falling too fast. I saw her hit the ground. I saw every bone in her body shatter. And imagine everyone's face when I carried her broken body back up." Jason's breathing was shaky now. Percy's sea green eyes were filled with sympathy.

"Jason, I do get it. All the times I almost lost Annabeth..." Percy trailed off and shuddered. "Look, you've got to come with me. You can't be grumpy forever."

"I don't want to come."

"Too bad. You must've come to Camp Half-Blood for some reason."

"A reason I don't really know." Jason snapped.

"Well, I'm giving you a reason. Now come on!" With that, Percy gripped Jason's wrist and towed him towards the pegasus stables.

------------------------------

(Y/n) P.O.V

(Y/n) was having a pretty average day until a boy on a pegasus landed in front of her.

"What in the actual heck?!" She yelled.

"Don't freak out." The raven-haired boy said. "I'm Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. You're going to be fine."

"Son of Posei-WHAT THE HECK IS THAT." (Y/n) trailed off, staring at what looked like a storm made into a horse descended from the sky with a blonde boy on its back landed next to Percy.

"I'm Jason Grace, son of, um, Zeus." The boy said.

"I'm confused."

"(Y/n), you're a demigod. One of your parents is a Greek god. Do you know anyone named Albert?" Percy explained.

"Um, yes, I do know an Albert, and also, how do you know my name, and also, WHAT?"

"Albert is a satyr, and he alerted us that you are a demigod. We need to get out of here before monsters find us." Jason told her.

"Why should I trust you?"

"Because I'm riding a pegasus and he's riding a storm spirit."

"What about my mom?"

"Albert's already told her that you're heading for Camp Half-Blood," Jason assured her.

"Fine." Even though she knew that Zeus was the god of the sky, Jason seemed more down to earth than Percy did. She walked over to him and he helped her onto his steed.

"This is Tempest." He told her.

"Hi, Tempest." (Y/n) said gently, stroking the storm horse, who whinnied. Jason smiled. (Y/n) thought she saw Percy look at him funny.

That little scar on his lip is so cute when he smiles. (Y/n) thought. Wait, what?! Then the horse took off.

A little thing she probably should have told them was that she was afraid of heights.

(Y/n) gasped as Tempest soared into the clouds.

"Hold on," Jason advised.

"To what?!" (Y/n) yelled.

"Something!" Jason told her.

What a great help. (Y/n) thought. With nothing else to do, she wrapped her arms around Jason's waist.

Suddenly, (Y/n) felt a sudden rush of emotions. Sadness and longing came clashing together in her mind. The faces of a tan girl with braided hair and an elfish Latino boy flashed in her head. (Y/n) gasped, then quickly stifled it as a sneeze.

"Bless you," Jason muttered, before pulling Tempest into a dive.

Taking a deep breath, (Y/n) tried to keep from screaming as her stomach soared into her throat. She heard Jason curse under his breath and (Y/n) looked behind her. About half a dozen evil Tempests were pursuing them.

"See, monsters!" Jason told her, trying evasive maneuvers. "Can you ride him?"

"What?!" (Y/n) yelled.

"Can you ride Tempest for me while I take care of these storm spirits?" Jason clarified.

"I've never ridden a horse before!"

"Now's your chance!" Jason told her, abruptly breaking her hold around his waist and leaping off the horse. (Y/n) slid forward and quickly wrapped her arms around Tempest's neck to keep from sliding straight off over his head.

"Jason!" She shouted, looking over the side. Thankfully, she saw the blonde boy flying back up with a sword in his hand, battling the storm spirits.

"Follow me!" (Y/n) heard Percy shout over the wind.

"Umm..." She muttered, staring at the lack of reins around Tempest's neck. "Follow Percy!" She tried, pointing at the black pegasus. The horse whinnied and moved to follow them.

Suddenly, a harsh impact shook (Y/n) like she'd just flown Tempest into a brick wall. She flipped over the horse's head and began falling through thin air. Tempest whinnied in alarm and pawed at a seemingly invisible barrier that he couldn't get through.

The wind tore (Y/n)'s scream right from her mouth as she plummeted toward the ground.

This is how I'm going to die.