Chapter Four

Your P.O.V

"Now, go sit with the Apollo cabin," Jason told you.

"I can't sit with you?" You exclaimed in surprise. Jason shook his head.

"Cabins sit together. That's how it always is." And with that, Jason sat down at a table by himself. You walked over to table seven.

"Hi, (Y/n)." Will said. "What do you think of camp so far?" You shrugged.

"It's pretty great. What d'you do on an everyday basis?" You asked. One of your younger half-siblings, Ben, spoke up.

"It's great." He assured you. "Archery, Greek lessons, pegasus riding, music, we've got it all."

"Pegasus riding?" You asked in disbelief. "I'm going to be able to ride a pegasus." You clarified. Christie smiled.

"Everyone always has the same reaction." She assured you. "My advice: hold on tight. Pegasi don't really understand the term 'beginner'." You laughed.

"Great." You said.

"After dinner is the campfire. We lead the sing-a-long. You don't have to today since you don't know the songs." Will told you. You shook your head.

"Don't worry. I'm great at just following along."

Jason P.O.V

The campfire burned a bright yellow, showing that the campers were in a good mood. The Apollo cabin, including (Y/n), sat in front of everyone and began to lead the sing-along.

To Jason's surprise, (Y/n) was keeping up pretty well. She would stop occasionally mid-song to laugh at the lyrics, a sound that was a song all by itself. Jason smiled.

When the next song began, suddenly (Y/n)'s grin widened and she exclaimed: "I know this one!"

Her cabin looked at her funny.

"Really?" Will asked. He sounded impressed. (Y/n) nodded.

"My mother used to sing it to me." And then she began to sing.

Along the sky

Before the birds fly

Shines a bright light

That pierces the night

A soft pillow for the moon

Then gone is the dawn too soon

Gaping mouths were all directed towards the newest Apollo camper. She hesitated, but Will encouraged her with a nod to continue, his eyes wide.

The sun does rise

So open your eyes

And sing to the birds to wake

Every little leaf does shake

When it hears the in the hollow

The song of Apollo.

The silence that followed was almost as pure as (Y/n)'s voice.

Then came the applause. Deafening, roaring applause. Jason smiled as he saw (Y/n) trying to fight back the blush on her cheeks.

Jason couldn't lie anymore. He really liked this new girl.

A/N

Wow, everyone, this story is going places! Thank you all so much. I hope you liked the song: I might attach an audio video of the melody later. Thank you!

Sneakers, daughter of Hermes.