(21) Seduce Me

(( Author's Note: Wow I'm on a writing roll! haha I hope ya'll enjoy this one, it gets a bit steamy at the end, just a heads up for those of you who may not be into that stuff.))

The small, dinky jeep bumped along the badly paved road. Ace could barely hold his lunch of yam and sweet potato that the doctor had so kindly provided for them, down. Ace stared at the back of Dr. Diego’s rounded head trying to send him a telepathic message to please drive the fuck better or else he’d go absolutely crazy. But he knew he owed a lot to this doctor.

After Justin, Trixie, and him had finally reached Diego’s large cabin in the middle of those dreaded never-ending woods to discover that Skye, Elvis, one of his body guards, and some lady had left just a few days prior, Diego had kindly fed them and offered to drive them to Elvis. They had graciously accepted, but Diego had not told them that the ride would be a six-hour journey through Cuba’s countryside on the worse paved highways ever.

Ace turned his face and stared at Trixie’s sleeping head resting against his shoulder. There were stress lines creasing in her forehead like she was still deep in thought even though she was asleep. Weren’t people supposed to look peaceful when they were sleeping? Ace looked away quickly, it was him who did this to her. Ace knew Trixie was worrying endlessly about Jared who was probably awake in the boat with a giant purple bruise on his head, trying to figure out what the fuck happened. If he was smart he would’ve told the captains to turn around and sail back to Florida. If he was even smarter he would forget that Ace ever existed.

But somewhere deep in Ace’s mind he had a feeling Jared would still be waiting for him. Maybe if not for him, for Trixie. They were meant to be together. He had to wait for her.

Things were already going so not according to the plan, that Ace was afraid for Trixie’s safety. Ace and Justin had planned to sneak inside the cabin, rescue Skye, and then leave without alerting anyone. It would be damn well near impossible if Skye was dancing in Elvis’ new club.

Ace almost laughed at the irony. It was like they were right back where they started in Chicago. A rich, brainless boy who was in love with a dancer whom he could never have no matter how much he wanted her. Ace was way in over his head and he knew it. But he also knew, he would die fighting for Skye.

Diego saw Ace’s eyes open and staring out of the window at the dense vegetation.

“You know, Senor. The lady with him, she looked like you,” he said nodding, like he was agreeing with himself.

“Cool,” Ace said absentmindedly. It was always great to be compared to one of Elvis’ many sluts.

Diego didn’t say anything for a while after that. They drove in silence for about thirty minutes before Ace decided to break it.

“The young dark-haired girl. How was she when she was staying with you?”

Diego was staring at Ace’s eyes intently, but when he asked this, Diego purposely looked away.

“She was very sad and it took her time before started talking to people again. But this is only to be expected from any woman who has lost a baby.”

Ace nearly choked on the air he had inhaled.

“Baby? What do you mean baby?”

Realization hit Diego and he avoided looking at Ace.

“I thought you knew, I thought you were the baby’s father that was why you were looking for her. I’m sorry Senor, I can’t tell you anymore. Doctor-patient confidentiality.”

Ace gripped onto the white, linty upholstery of the seat for support. He felt so many emotions at once. Anger, rage, regret, and sadness all at once before he landed on guilt. He should’ve been there for her, holding her hand. Thoughts swirled around aimlessly in his head. Ace rolled down the window, stuck his head outside the moving car, and threw up everything that was in his stomach.