The Malfoy's

Severus got his reply from Dumbledore the very next day as an owl floated through his window, whilst he and Harry where having breakfast, Severus scowled and tutted as he removed the envelope from the owls talons.

"Go on, away with you." He shooed the bird away and Harry thought he saw the owl glare before it turned and flapped its wings. Snape skimmed the letter, in which Dumbledore agreed to Harry meeting the Malfoy family, as long as Snape was with him. Honestly who does he think he is? Of course Snape wouldn't just leave Harry by himself, especially what he's been through.

"Why do the pictures move?" Harry asked as he stared at the Daily Prophet, over his cereal bow, the front page announcing that their rival magazine, The Quibbler, had appointed a new editor, the article was written by Rita Skeeter who Snape had, had the pleasure of not meeting. The picture Harry was pointing at showed Skeeter posing with her quill, her face shifting to a sneaky smile every now and then.

"Charms and particular potions are used during the printing, and when the pictures are developed." Harry nodded and proceeded to flick through the newspaper looking at the strange pulsating adverts and reading the random articles. "Dumbledore has given you his permission to visit the Malfoys with me."

"Why did we have to ask him? Who is he anyway?" Harry wondered, he remembered Severus calling the old man with the long beard that name, Harry found it to be a very strange name, even stranger than Severus', and that was saying something.

"Dumbledore is the Headmaster of Hogwarts school, and for some reason, unbeknown to me, he has a say in your upbringing. He believes, and I have a few doubts myself, that Lucius isn't safe to be around you, but trust me he will be on his best behaviour when I'm there."

"How did you meet him? Lucius?" Harry asked.

"I met him near the end of my own time at Hogwarts, we looked out for each other, even after school, but that's a story for another day. Finish your cereal." Severus left Harry in the kitchen and went to his study, he grabbed a quill and some ink.

Dear Lucius.

Harry and I will be arriving for dinner tonight at 7pm, if your offer still stands.

And please don't try anything stupid, I have informed you of the boy's past, even with me he is still too cautious for his age.

Severus.

He folded the letter and put it in an envelope, heating some wax to seal it and called his owl to deliver it to Lucius. He stared out of the window long after the owl had disappeared from sight, wondering if this was a mistake. He finally retreated back to the living room where Harry was sat with another book, Snape passed him a small smile then went to the kitchen to find that Harry had cleared away all of the bowls and plates, he saw them drying by the sink. He sighed but decided not to comment on it.

Truth be told Harry didn't feel nervous, he just did as he was told, he didn't have a say in it anyway, so Harry's philosophy was that if you worry about something, you suffer twice. Though when Severus had told Harry that it was time to leave, his stomach felt tight, and he clenched his hands.

Snape wrapped his arm around the small boy and Apparated. Harry felt Snapes arm twist away from him, and the boy grasped on. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't see, everything was black and he felt an immense pressure on his head. It felt like being pushed through a rubber tube. And then it was over, his feat were more or less firmly on the ground, until he fell over that was. Snape picked the boy up and brushed him off.

"Are you alright? I know Side-Along Apparition isn't nice, but it's one of the fastest ways to travel. You'll get used to it after a while." He tried his very best to neaten Harry's hair, but that was another disadvantage of being James Potter's son. Harry nodded, though he looked pale and felt as though he was about to empty his breakfast onto the gravel below them.