Four Best Friends

Hi, my name is Layla. You're going to hear more about my friends in a second but first I want to introduce me. I am a sophmore in high school (obviously), I am the middle child out of my 2 other siblings, my older brother, Jake and younger sister Corie, and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm going to introduce my friends in order of how I met them, so that it makes sense on how we all four became best friends. And reading all of this I get you're thinking, "Is a group of four best friends even possible?" Yes, yes it is.

The first friend that I made is named Aliyah. She is the first friend I made in 2nd grade. She also lives with me. Yes. Yes she lives with me. Here's why.

When we were in second grade, she was living a couple of blocks down from me. But when we started third grade, something happened.

*caution this might be a trigger warning for some readers*

She always rode the bus home back then, and that day was no different. But one day when she got off the bus, and the bus drove off, she heard about three or four loud bangs. She didn't know what it was or where it was coming from. So instead of running to get a neighbor or someone she decided to walk inside. She pulled out her key, turned it, and opened the door. She walked in the entry way to check if there was anything, and there wasn't. So she checked the kitchen. Nothing. She checked the dining room and living room. Nothing. She had checked every room downstairs so she decided to check upstairs. She walked into her room to nothing so she put down her backpack and went to the bathroom to use it. There was still nothing. Then, she heard something like a thump hit her parent's bedroom floor, then a scream. So she grabbed the nearest harmful object and carefully walked around the corner to their bedroom. As she walked inside she could have almost fainted. There her parents were. Their bodies on the ground lifeless. And they had to have been shot because there were holes spilling with blood. She dropped whatever was in her hands and ran over to her parents and cried and begged that this was a joke but sadly, it wasn't. She dialed 911 and almost instantly they had arrived. They did everything they could but nothing worked. They were dead. And she didn't have any relatives in state so we decided to take her in. She was so greatful and luckily we had a bonus room that we did up for her. We did everything together, and we still do. She is like a sister to me and I know she feels the same way.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So I know I said I was going to introduce the other girls but I got to creative so I'm going to release chapter 2 today too. XD Also I'm going to try to release a new chapter every week but writing takes time and I would choose to start this book when school starts back. And I'm sorry if I make a few grammar mistakes I'm human. But thanks for reading. Please vote and comment your thoughts and ideas and I'll definitely take them into consideration. Bye !! :))
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•