Chapter 24: Playing no games

Tarrances POV

I hate to do my sister like that but I'm NOT going to be disrespected in my own house. She has me fucked up. I've done more for her ungrateful ass then her sorry ass father. And she wants to talk shit to me.  Naw I'm coo she'll get her shit back when I feel like it. I'm walking past Akeelah's room and hear multiple voices. I knock on her door and wait till she says for me to come in.

"Yes?"

"Tell your friend to come out the closet and go to her own room. Keelah she's not allowed to sleep in here. Not allowed to wear your clothes. Not allowed to use your phone unless it's involving her getting a job. Or you'll be in the same boat 🚤 as her. I'm done being disrespected by her ungrateful ass." I say.

"Sorry Steph but boss man has spoken." Keelah says getting up and opening her closet door 🚪.

"Excuse you." I say as she squeezes through the door. Bumping all into me.

"Shouldn't have been in my way." she mumbles going into her room and slamming the door.

"Malcom come help me bro." I yell. Walking to the kitchen and getting my tool box. I wasn't going go this far but she has the wrong one.

"Wassup bro?"

"Come on." I say opening Steph door.

"Knock next time. So fucking annoying."

"Who are you talking to?" I ask

"You."

"Well won't be a damn knocking kiss your door goodbye. Kiss your curtains and blinds goodbye. I'm done with your ass."

"You can't do this! ERICA!!"

"I can do what I want. I pay bills. I'm your brother not your father so anything I do for you is not something I have to do. Remember that lil girl. KEEP TESTING ME."

Next morning (Monday) 6:00

"Get up my love." I tell Erica

"Boy move my alarm ain't went off yet."

"Early start baby get it together." I say going and seeing if Akeelah & Malcolm are up.

45 mins later we were all set to go.

"Where's Steph at?" Erica asks.

"Probably sleep. Not my problem."

"Tarrance it's fucking raining."

"Not, my problem remember. I'm not her father. She's NOT going to keep disrespecting me. Baby I'm telling you I'm trying to deal with her but she's real close to ending up being a damn ward of the state. I'm tired of her. I break my back to make sure she's good. Make sure Malcom, Akeelah, You & I are good. I'll be dammed if I keep being stressed out over a got damn 14 year old disrespectful little girl. Still have to deal with Faith ass and whoever she's fucking with. I'm stressed and she not helping" I go off.

"Ok. I understand. I just feel a lil bad for her."

"Well don't. Stop talking about her to me."

Steph Pov

I just woke up. I look at my alarm clock and see that it's 9:00. I over slept school started 30 mins ago. Oh well it'll just be an excused tarty. I look over and see an envelope on my bed. I open it there's money and a note.

"Consider this a loan. I'm done with your disrespectful ass. You're 14 thinking you're 24. I'm not going to keep putting up with it. You will pay to live here so I suggest you get a job.

15 mins shower: $20

Food other than a sandwich: $10

Door back: $50

Clothes back: 5 pieces for $15

Shoes: 1 pair for $20 or 2 pair for $35

Ride to school: $10

Phone back: $299

Blinds back: $40

Curtains back: $40

Make up: $30 for 2 pieces

Dresser back: $225

Stay out room past 9: $30

Watch tv: $20 for an hour

Tardy to school: $10 for every 30 mins. (Starting today school started at 7 not 8:30. It was early start)

Only thing I'm not making you pay for is your medicine, to breathe my air, to piss and to shit.

Prices may vary depending on my mood. Here's $500 spend wisely.

And don't try to be slick I have cameras all over. All room doors are locked so don't be trying to borrow stuff thinking I won't know.

P.s. Rent is $15 a week.

What the hell this is some bull shit. Tarrance has me fucked up. I take a shower. When I get out I try to open Akeelah's door but it really is locked. I got dressed walked and left to walk to school.

Once I got to school I went straight to the office for a late pass.

"How can I help you Stephanie?" Our secretary Mrs. Warren asks.

"I need a late pass. I over slept."

"Ok, its 10:00 we're in 4th hour. But wait one moment." she says grabbing the phone and calling somebody.

"Yes can you send Tarrance down his sister just got here."

"Thank you." She says great I was going to act like I was only 30 mins late and pay $10 for being late. $20 for the shower, $15 for rent. Now it'll be $60 for being late.

"Thanks Mrs. W I appreciate you for doing this. I hear Tarrance saying. Let's go little girl."  I start walking towards him.

"I took a shower, Want to pay Rent, and was 2 hours late." I tell him.

"$95 please." He says holding his hand out. I give him $100 and he gives me my change.

"Anything else?" he asks

"Nope." I say

"Lying will be an extra $25. You tried to get in Akeelah's room that will be $20. You must have forgotten I proctor for PE my first few hours of school." He says holding out his hands.

Man what the hell. I give him $45. I done spent $140 in one day. I gotta do better. I have $360 left. Tarrance really isn't playing with me. I see that Dillions is having a job fair after school so I'll just walk up there. They hire at 14 I'll just be a bagger. Plus they pay weekly. Won't work but like 20 hours a week but something is better than nothing.

Xx YoursTrulyMaya xX