Chapter One - The Shadow

K.O was walking down the plaza, excited to once again work at Gar's. He's been trying to train as much as he possibly can, and so far, he's been slowly getting stronger. He was whistling to himself, thinking about how much fun he's been having in the past month, but stopped to the sound of slight whimpering.

He looked around, trying to find where the whimpering was coming from. He peered into an open spot between two buildings and found someone hiding in the shadows, curled up into a ball against the far wall.

"Hello?" K.O asked, stepping toward the person. "Are you okay?"

The person stopped whimpering and stared at K.O, still hiding in the shadows. He was startled when he realized the person had glowing, white eyes. "Uh, are you okay?" He asked again, once again stepping closer to the person.

The person stepped out of the shadows, making K.O gasp. It was a shadow that resembled him, from his hair to his body type, it was like an evil twin. He stood there for a moment in shock as the shadow walked up to him, but he finally managed to speak once it was a few feet away from him.

"Hi there," he said nervously. "My name is K.O, what's yours?"

The shadow didn't respond, instead, it just stood there and looked right through K.O, only making him more afraid. "Um, I really want to stay, but I really have to get to Gar's."

This caused the shadow to quickly move, making K.O gasp. It ran toward him quickly, and all K.O could do was stand there in fear. It suddenly jumped into his mouth, knocking him back and making him gag. He sat up and held his head, coughing a tiny bit.

He carefully stood up and looked around, rubbing the back of his head. He felt slightly dizzy, but he soon shook it off and continued walking toward the bodega. He continued holding the side of his head as he was walking, still trying to figure out exactly what had happened.

He stopped walking once he reached Gar's and let out a sigh of relief. He was hoping that being around Enid and Rad would hopefully help him feel less confused. He stepped inside, trying not to think about what had happened earlier.

"Hey, K.O," Enid said as he walked inside. He gave a silent wave in response, which caused Enid to just stare at him. "Um, are you okay?" She asked, sitting up. "You look a little tired."

He dozed off for a minute and shook his head, bringing himself back into reality. "Yeah, I'm alright," he said, rubbing the back of his head again. "Just a little lost today I guess."

He hadn't realized that his gaze got harsher and that around his eyes were a bit darker than normal. He didn't feel different than normal other than being dozed off and lightheaded, other than that he was fine.

"Okay, if you say so," Enid said, watching K.O as he walked over to Rad.

"Hey, Rad!" K.O said excitedly to Rad as he skidded to a stop.

"Hey, squirt," Rad said, looking toward K.O, though he jumped in surprise he saw him. "Dude, are you okay? You look a little bit different. Like you look like you're either tired or sick, what happened?"

K.O stared at Rad and tilted his head in confusion for a moment, but then his attitude changed completely. "Rad, you're not looking into a mirror so shut your fat, narcissistic mouth," he growled.

Rad looked at K.O in shock, taken aback by what he had said. "Dude, what's your problem?" He asked in an upset, concerned voice.

"My only problem here is you, Rad," K.O declared, crossing his arms. "I mean, look at you! You're so full of yourself! You're the only person that cares about you, you know that, right?"

Rad just looked at K.O, his mouth open wide in disbelief. He continued to stare at K.O, who had a dark look in his eyes. "Dude, you're not K.O, are you?" He asked, finally managing to speak. "K.O would never say something like that."

K.O once again stared into space, though he shook his head to snap himself back to reality. "Mm - wh - what?" He asked himself, looking around. "What happened?"

"Dude, that wasn't cool," Rad said, turning back around to stock the shelves. "Stop playing games with me."

K.O just blinked, trying to figure out what had just happened.

Trying to figure out why he said what he said.

(A/N) Well, we need something to tie us over until Labor Day, right? I know I do, and this is the best thing I got to do. There's nothing on Tumblr about this, hardly anything on Reddit, and the comments on YouTube are all the same.

This is the only thing I have to help me not go crazy xD

But yeah, so far, so good. You guys shouldn't have to worry about anything too serious, haha. I mean, I'm not making any promises, but from what I have planned so far, nobody's going to die this time. I may or may not change that in the future, but for now, everyone's staying alive and well XD

Yeah, well, that's all for this chapter, and I hope you enjoyed. I'll see you guys in the next one! ^.^