Chapter Four - Figuring Things Out

K.O knew it was the shadow that was doing this to him, though he didn't understand how or why. He didn't know why, out of everyone in the plaza, that it was him that had to deal with a shadow version of himself.

He let out a sigh and pulled out his POW card, hoping that looking at it would make him feel better and remind him that he is still a hero, though he gasped at what he saw.

The number on his level was glitching back and fourth from level 0.1 to -0.1, making his eyes go wide. It seemed to be going back and fourth rapidly, but at the same time slowly. He stared at his card for a long moment before sighing and putting it back in his pocket.

He placed his hands on his head and looked at the ground. He felt as if he was constantly at war with himself, and technically, he was. The shadow could take control at any given moment and without any warning. K.O constantly felt distressed and cautious, trying to avoid as many people as he could.

He started to doze off, when the sound of a familiar voice snapped him out of it.

"K.O, there you are," Dendy said, walking over to him. "I've been looking for you."

K.O looked at her in confusion and surprise, wondering why exactly she would've been looking for him. "Why, though?" He asked, partially closing his eyes as he looked to the side. "I'm not worth it, Dendy. Please, go, I don't want to hurt you."

"Actually, I'm here to help you," she declared, pulling her backpack off her back. "I heard about your situation, I want to help you be able to figure this out."

He just looked at her as she sat next to him, setting her backpack in between her and K.O. "I know there's something going on that's affecting your behavior and personality, as well as your strength." She started typing things up, causing K.O to sigh once again.

She startled K.O when she hooked the things she used to scan Enid when she was stone up to him. He just closed his eyes and took deep breath, hoping that the shadow would just stay back this time around.

After what seemed like a few minutes, Dendy unhooked the things from K.O and sighed, looking at him wit worry. "This shadow is a part of you, K.O," she sighed. "Somewhere in your family, you have a relation with a villain. Who or where the relation is, I don't know, but it is what causes you to have this shadow you have."

His eyes went wide after hearing that. He had no clue how or why he had a relation that was a villain, but it shocked him more than anything in his life.

"I - I -" K.O couldn't speak because he was in so much shock. He just placed his hand up to his head and closed his eyes, trying to make sure the shadow didn't take control.

"K.O, it's okay, please calm down," Dendy said, still looking at K.O with worry.

K.O continued holding his hands up to his head, though after a bit, he stopped and opened his eyes, staring right through Dendy.

"K.O?" She asked, getting more worried with each second he stared at her.

"Don't talk to me you nerdy freak," he growled, startling Dendy. "I must admit, you're smart, though you're still way too stupid to figure this out."

She was too shocked to move, though she managed to move once K.O started to attack. "Your attacks are purple!" She said with surprise, knowing K.O's attacks were supposed to be blue.

"Purple is a much better color than blue," he said, ready to pounce on Dendy. "And also, villains are better than heroes."

K.O jumped on top of Dendy and started hitting her over and over. He then hopped off of her and ran away toward the forest. She sat up and held her cheek, surprised the damage actually wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Dendy looked down on the ground and saw K.O's POW card, which was glitching unlike anything she's ever seen. She carefully picked it up and took a deep breath, placing into her pocket.

She knew there was no helping K.O now, even though she really wanted to.

(A/N) Sorry for the late update, guys, haha! School has been distracting me and I just have been thinking more about Monday than anything else xD

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday (two new episodes, too! It's at 5:30 for me, which is central time. I have no idea when it's gonna air for you guys) and I'll have the weekend to hopefully make another chapter, possibly two!

Welp, thanks for reading, please vote and comment if you enjoyed, and I'll see you guys in the next chapter! ^.^