Chapter 1

HEY GUYS! So this is my new story and I'm so excited! But also a bit sad cause if this chapter is out it means The Beauty and a Beast's last chapter is out (it's not out whilst I'm writing this) and it's so sad to let it go but I guess it's time to move on! So sit back and enjoy guys! Hope you like This!!!

_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

Orders were thrown around, pleads for help were echoing as sounds of skin ripping were heard through out the forest. Levi's cheeks were flushed a pale pink as his eyes were narrowed in concentration, the hook of his gear latching onto the nape of a Titan's neck as he brought his sword down in an arch. Slice. With ease he had pierced the skin and the male screaming like a mad man was let go before the beast could eat him. The terrified male grappled into the tree and leaped onto a branch out of other Titan's reaches. His apologies went to deaf ears as Levi carried on through out the forest, killing titans with ease.

By the time the last Titan around here fell, his breaths came out in short pants. He hadn't seen so many titans in one area before and it honestly intrigued him. He left down from the trees and onto the ground, walking over to his horse which ran up to him as all the commotion ceased. Now that's what you call a loyal partner. He let out a scoff at the thought and legged himself up onto his horse, other soldiers following while those who were too injured to ride were to sit in the wooden carriage. Those who died were thrown into a seperate carriage wordlessly.

The ride back to the camp they were staying at seemed to drag on forever. Levi's eyes felt heavy as exhausting over took his body. It's not like it mattered. He'd only sleep for 3-4 hours before waking up again. Insomnia was a bitch.

After arriving at camp they were to check who was alive and who was... not. A name roll was called and every name called which was not answered was a blow to them. Some shaking their heads sadly whilst others fell to their knees sobbing when hearing a loved one who had passed. It was pathetic. This is why he wouldn't allow many to get close to him unless they actually had a chance to survive all this. Sometimes he made the right decision and sometimes he did not.

The last name on the list was called and there was no reply. Everything was quiet. No one spoke a word. No birds were tweeting. No murmurs amount the crowd or cries. Nothing. Just silence.

"...Eren Yaeger?" Erwin muttered again with a frown, looking up from the clip board to look around at all the faces which seemed to drain colour. "...check the bodies!" He ordered and no one moved till he bellowed the order out again. Cadets scurried towards the death bodies and searched for him. Nothing. No sign of the Male. The last anyone  had seen of him, he had been rushing off to a titan.

"No... he can't be... he's strong! He.... he's not..." The Ackerman girl fell to her knees and left out a cry. Tears rushing down her cheeks as she clutched the blonde he kneeled next to her, also crying. "A-Armin.... no....he cant... Eren cant be..." she sobbed and trailed off, voice cracking. Armin trembling as he hiccuped. Levi wasn't paying attention. He was looking at the clip board which had been placed down on a chair.

Eren Yaegers name was not ticked.

They had sent out search parties out for Eren continuously, trying to find the younger boy. Every time they came back empty handed and every time the mood seemed to drop till barely anyone talked. Everyone mourned for the losses. They were far too great. Especially now that Humanities Hope was no where to be found. Mikasa was like a different person. She never showed an inch of emotion anymore, eyes blank as she snapped at anyone who tried to talk to her or ignored them. Armin was still the same but not as cheerful. Anyone could tell those smiles were forced. Jean wasn't causing fights with anyone, usually staying in his dorm and sitting there. Connie and Sasha weren't as loud, it seemed as though Sasha barely ate anymore.

And Levi? Levi had gotten angrier. Ordering everyone around and shouting complaints when it wasn't done properly. Not caring about how they felt. Because they were not the only ones grieving, the only ones in pain. He felt just as much as them because he had emotions too damn if. He was a human too.

He... felt betrayed. Like a piece of him was torn out and thrown away, never to be seen again. Hanji and Erwin tried talking to him about it but he shut them out, snapping at them when they were persistent till they finally gave up.

He was perfectly fine. He didn't need their help. He didn't need anyone's help because nothing was wrong with him. What was wrong staring out the window expecting the brat to be at the stables like usual and wave at him happily when he saw the captain looking. What was wrong when waking up on his desk, he'd hyperventilate when noticing he wasn't covered with a blanket and warm delicious tea wasn't on his desk because Eren always did that for him whenever he dozed off on his desk. What was wrong with sitting on the Brats bed and weeping quietly knowing you'll never see those beautiful jewel like eyes again. Nothing. Nothing was wrong.

Nothing was wrong with being a little broken.

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\

Okay this was probably the shortest chapter I have ever written in my existence. The first chapter of a story I ever Paire was about a few thousand words long 😂😂 but this is because I wanted to get this out of the way already. I may also post another story along with this so you all are gonna have to have patience. So hope you like this story guys!