Chapter 2

Okay guys the only reason the chapters are shorter is because it takes me way too long to update if I try write my usual 2000-3000 words :/

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

1 month after Eren Jaeger's disappearance.

Levi sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, eyes lidded as he stared emotionlessly down at the pages resting on his desk. So much paperwork to go through in so little time. He laid his head on the desk, groaning in protest. His muscles were aching and no matter how many times he rolled his neck and shoulders, the painful kinks wouldn't go away. It was beginning to annoy him. Unfortunately, it wasn't as if he could stop leave without finishing the paperwork, he had a responsibility and Erwin expected it finished and handed in by tonight. The bastard loved giving him inhuman expectations.

Plus the disappearance of him was weighing everyone down. He refused to accept the brat was.... dead.

Hanji pitied him because she saw the affect it had on him. Erwin tried comforting him but giving him a shit ton of work was not at all comforting. He sighed and slumped against his chair. He'd done most of the paper work so maybe a little break wouldn't hurt.

It had been a month since the expedition and nothing has changed. Everyone was still quiet and mourning for him and the other who hadn't returned. Nothing would ever go back to the way it was.

5 months after the disappearance of Eren Jaeger

A lot has changed. Everyone has changed. It was like it was back to normal but also not. No one was as cheerful as before. Yes they continued to bicker, smile, laugh, have fun. But behind closed doors they were broken, still mourning the death of him.

But everything was a lot better. Mikasa had started talking to everyone again but it was like she gave up. Though everyone still knew not to mess with her as 2 boys thought they could beat her since she was like this but she showed them. Even though he was gone and she was still mourning the death of her brother, she wouldn't let anyone push her around. She wasn't going to let these emotions get in the way of her future.

Armin was more cheerful but anyone could see behind his fake mask of happiness, could see a boy in need of comfort. The one to give him that had been surprisingly Jean. The taller male was always around with Armin and helping him with anything he needed. It was kind of... cute.

But they all knew that this was probably the best they were gonna get. Nothing would really ever be the same.

Levi wasn't any better. He hasn't even changed since that day. He snapped at nearly everyone and every so often, some would cry. Of course he'd feel bad but he couldn't help it... without the brat there, he felt useless, like a piece of him was messing a–that was a bit over exaggerating. Levi thought as he rubbed his face with a growl. Shaking his head to clear his head from such irrational thoughts.

His hand was aching from all the paperwork he had to do and he was not in the mood for anyone's bullshit.

He felt.... horrible though. He missed the stupid brat, his stupid smile, his stupid beautiful eyes and that stupid voice! But.... lately he's been questioning his thoughts. Was he dead....? He had to be. No one had seen him in the past 5 months and even with his Titan abilities, he wouldn't be able to survive out beyond the walls for more then 5 months. No one could..... so... the Brat really was dead...

Levi sucked in a shaky breath and buried his hands in his hair, tugging harshly as tears threatened to fall from his eyes. Why was it him losing the ones he chose to let close to himself.... but why was it that this Brat was the one to make him cry for the first time since Isabel and Farlan....

He cried and hugged himself. Why him.....

Levi was left in his office, alone, crying and confused on why he cared so much.

15 months after the disappearance of Eren Jaeger

15 months.... and it feels like nothing had ever happened. The death of him was long forgotten by most. New deaths had occurred and old Deaths were forgotten by nearly all. But. Some of them couldn't forget and would most likely never. But it was time to move on. Start a new start. That's what he would've wanted.

But Levi.... he could never move on and he didn't know why, neither did he want to know. Luckily, he didn't take his anger out on anyone anymore. Instead kept to himself, building walls around himself so no one would be able to get close to him ever again. He wouldn't be able to handle it if he were to lose those close to hin. He didn't want to go through that again. He couldn't.

A knock came from his door and Levi jumped at the sudden noise, blinking in confusion as he was forced out of his own thoughts. Who the hell would be bothering him at this time of night!? Not even Hanji would be awake at this time and that was saying something. He stood up and wiped his eyes on his cravat. It'd be embarrassing if someone were to see him in this kind of state... they'd most likely think he was vulnerable and spread it, then no one would see him the same. He couldn't have that.

He quickly made sure he looked appropriate and opened the door with a scowl. Annoyed that someone would be knowing at this stupid time and that they actually tried bothering him. Not many wanted to talk to him lately for they were scared he would shout at them and they were right to be afraid. Levi prepared himself to give a lecture to the idiot that dare knock at his door at such a time, a growl already rising from his throat.

"Why the fuck are you up at this time bra–......" it was like a lump got caught in his throat. His eyes widened in shock as he stared at the figure in front of himself. They seemed to have grown a lot since the last time he saw the other. Instead of their usual 5'7, they seemed to be just above 6'0. His neck was bent awkwardly to adjust to the sudden height. Levi lifted a hand hesitantly and pushed forward softly to see if he was just imagining things, wanting his hand to just swipe through the image in front of him because he had finally accepted he was dead. But he wasn't.... this was real. His hand touched rough cloth and he tugged it back, eyes widening as his breathing seemed to halt.

"Hello Captain... long time no see." Teal eyes gleamed mischievously, a low chuckle falling from his lips and Levi shivered when hearing that voice which shouldn't have gotten that deep in a range of only 15 months.

But more importantly... Eren Jaeger was alive.

"Eren..... y-you're real..." He whispered and shoved him again, not caring what emotions he was showing. The damn brat was alive. How was he alive. It had been 15 months, out in a land full of titans. It should have been impossible.

"Yep... and... I'm sorry about this..." Eren sighed and looked down at him, eyes flashing, as if apologetic and Levi was about to question what he meant. That was before a cloth covered his nose and mouth and he figured out too late that he should be struggling. His body fell limp and the last thing he remembered was the clicking of his window opening, the air whipping against his skin as he felt as though he was falling, arms still wrapped around him and then everything went dark.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Yep.... updated 😂😂😂 I had no idea where I was going through this story so warning it's going to be a short story but still have smutty smut.