Chapter 6

When Levi woke up, it was in pain. It was as if all bones in his body had been crushed and he was left motionless. To make this matter even worse, he was alone. He couldn't sit up, and honestly, he couldn't do anything. Moving even an inch was painful. He had a splitting headache which seemed to throb every second. Levi was in agony.

When trying to sit up, he gasped out in pain as a shock shot through his spine and he was laying still again. Panicked breaths escaped him, his lungs expanding and contracting quicker until it was almost painful to breath. He guessed that his ribs were either bruised or broken.
Levi had to calm his breathing or else he was gonna have a panic attack, something which would cause him to lash out and end up injuring himself even more. Glancing around, he noticed that the windows were closed off, making it harder to tell what time of the day it was. The only light source was a candle on the table next to the bed. It seemed to have been burning for a while as wax filled the small glass containing the candle. Its flame danced and the shadows on the walls seemed to dance with it. Flowing, moving in harmony and a beautiful sight.
Focusing on the movements of the candle and shadows, his breath started to grow quieter and calmer until he finally had his breathing under control. His eyes slowly fluttered closed while trying to ignore the pain ignited through his body.

A whimper left his lips, and seconds later the door slammed open. The door itself wasn't the greatest, but it was as good as it could get out here in the middle of nowhere. From the force of the slam, it broke off its hand-made hinges with a crack. Standing in the doorway was Eren, his eyes wide and full of panic. His breathing irregular as he made eye contact with Levi.

Erens body seemed to tremble, which was a funny view. A man, practically double the size of Levi, was shaking so much that it seemed if you were to even utter a word, he'd crumble to the ground and break down. It would've been funny if Levi's heart wasn't breaking at the broken look that Eren gave him as he finally moved. He ignored anything being knocked over as he stumbled over to Levi in quick steps, as if being this far apart was something illegal.

Eren looked like a mess.

Eren's hair was unkempt, seeming as if it hadn't been looked after in days. Eyes puffed red and tear stains on his cheeks. His clothes were overly wrinkled and he looked like he hadn't gotten a good sleep in weeks.

As Eren trailed closer, Levi forced himself to a sitting position, ignoring the pain that sparking through his body. As soon as he was in a upright position, Eren had made it to the bed and immediately covered his smaller body with his own. Knees coming to kneel on the bed as one hand wrapping under his armpit and placing itself on his shoulder to tug him closer gently, so that his head was resting on his chest.
Whilst his other arm wrapped around his came to rest on the middle of Levi's back.
Eren's head was tucked in the curve of his neck, his shakey breaths tickling.

Erens body seemed to wrap around Levi, as if to hide him from everything, and Levi felt safe. The pain burning throughout his being numbed at the contact.

Eren broke down.

Broken cries left his lips, tears dripping from his eyes and onto Levi's shoulder. His grip tightens, but almsotnmmediately after, he threw himself back at the pained groan Levi let out. His eyes flickering over Levi's form in alarm, fearing he may have reopened a closed wound.

Levi grumbled and laid his head on Erens shoulder. "Watch out dumbass, I can't heal in second like you." He teased, flicking Eren's forehead witha small smile, signaling he was okay. Eren sighed with relief. His eyes hardened immediately.

A large palm came up to rest on each side of his head, lifting it off his shoulder so they were making eye contact, eyes darkening as he growled. "You are not to leave my side like that again. You hear me?" His voice seemed to drop multiple octaves, his body towering over Levi's own. The muscles in his stomach tensed as Levi's cheeks flushed red, staring up at the taller Male with wide eyes. Eren stared back. Both refused to make eye contact.

After minutes of refusing to back down, Levi wavered and looked down. The brat was still as stubborn as he was back before he disappeared.

"Tch. Fine." Levi grumbled under his breath, refusing to stare back at the other as goosebumps appeared on his arms. Practically feeling Eren's stare, continuing to gaze at his injured figure.

Hands let go of his face and instead wrapped around him once again. This time, trapping his arms and face burying in the others chest. Levi tucked himself closer. He didn't Eren to let go.
In that moment, he felt whole. He was warm. It was comfortable and Levi wished that they could stay like this for the rest of their lives.

"I. . . I can't lose you. I don't want to be alone again." Levi felt the words more than he heard them, and it finally hit him. He had been mad at Eren because he had left them alone. He hadn't come back. But he never actually considered Eren's feelings. He had never considered how Eren felt. How Eren was alone, for 15 months, with nothing but man-eating titans. It was surprising that Eren hadn't gone insane, without the comfort and touch of others. He'd become starved of human contact. Eren had been alone for over a year, and Levi was mad at him. Mad because he thought he was alone. But he wasn't. He had Hanji, Erwin, the Scouts. He was never truely alone.

But Eren had had nothing.

The thought tore Levi apart and he clutched at Eren tighter, ignoring the dull ache from his wounds. The physical pain he felt was nothing compared to the pain Eren must have felt, isolated from humanity.

They stayed like that, clutching eachother. For how long? Neither cared as they basked in each others arms.

Suddenly, without saying anything, Eren pulled back, staring down at him. His eyes were soft, full of something Levi couldn't pinpoint.

"I have to show you something. Theres a reason I couldn't go back. I found something... I trust you Levi. I've been trying to gather as much information as I could before going back. For good this time." The moment was washed away as Eren stood up, awkward and face red in embarrassment. He didn't mention anything about what just happened as he instead made his way back to the door, pulling it off the floor; after it had fallen because of his recklessness. Propping it up against the door, be looked back at Levi and gulped, eyes immediately looking away as their gazes locked with one anothers.

"Of course, after your injuries heal! Now if you excuse me I'm... I'm going to get some food for us." Before Levi could utter another word, Eren rushed out. With a sigh, he laid back down, lowering himself slowly until he was flat on the bed, relaxing and breathing out in relief as discomfort he felt from his wounds faded.

His eyes caught sight of the sack of food in the corner of the room and scoffed. The brat was a horrible liar. But it was best if they didnt talk about what just happened. Levi wasn't good with relationships. He had never had one and had expected he never would. But Eren....

Warmth bloomed in his chest as he thought about him. He don't know how, or when. But feelings he wasn't used to arose. Dont get him wrong. He'd had crushes before. Like when he lived with Kenny when he was a child, there was this girl next door who he thought was gorgeous. But then one day she disappeared and so did those feelings. Hell, he'd even had a crush on Erwin after first joining the corps, though that quickly disappeared as soon as it started. Instead, creating more of a brotherly bond.

But to act on his feelings? He'd never done it before. And living with Eren wasn't helping them go away. Instead, they continued to grow until everytime Levi and Eren made eye contact, he had to force the blush off his face. He had it bad.

With a grumble, he tugged the blankets higher and closed his eyes. He wanted to go see this thing Eren wanted to show him soon. And the quickest way to do that was to look after himself. So he had to rest. He fell asleep, the words repeating through his mind as he fell into a dreamless rest. I trust you. I cant lose you.

During those moments, it had taken so much energy to not say I love you.

Sorry this story has been boring so far. But I swear its gonna get better.