Chapter 2

Location: Weapons Compound, Island: Unknown

I groggily opened my eyes to the sound of a door slamming shut. I lifted my head up from its awkward position and groaned.

Where am I? My head is throbbing.

"I see you've finally woken up from your nap." I glanced at the entryway and saw none other than Officer Leger with a smug look on his face. He had his mask off, but I couldn't mistake him for anyone else. He had that same annoying tone that I despised.

I rolled my eyes and looked around. I was in a completely pure, white room. It had no windows, no picture frames on the wall, nothing. I had to squint my eyes at first from the intensity of the brightness.

As I adjusted to the lights, I discovered that the only objects that occupied this room was a chair that I happened to be sitting in and a table in front of me.

I tried to stand up, only to be pulled back down by the ropes that tied my hands to the chair.

"Don't bother trying, I tied you down earlier." He smirked. He strolled to the middle of the room, where I was currently located, like he owned the place and crossed his arms.

"I've been assigned to watch over you until Captain Baekhyun gets back from his conference with the higher ups,  but he should be back any minute. So it would behoove you to cooperate. And maybe, just maybe, the Captain will go easy on you. Plus-" He placed his hands on the table and leaned in. "We wouldn't want another boot to the face, now would we?"

Not saying a word, I stared down at the floor. I hated him. The entire situation made my heart burn in agitation and anger. I was still pissed off at him for treating me like he did. He didn't even bother to try and understand my situation!

My situation. I didn't even get a chance to process the events that unfolded in the last 24 hours. I just panicked.

I closed my eyes and went through all of the events that happened to try and piece them together. But there was no memory of me any time before I mysteriously ended up on the beach.

It made absolutely no sense. Why did I lose my memory? Did I even have one to begin with and just miraculously appeared out of thin air?

No, that's impossible. I don't have any proof to help prove otherwise though.

My memory was one of the main reasons why I started to freak out on the beach. It freaked me out half to death that I guess I sort of lost it. Waking up in a world where you have no idea what's going on is beyond terrifying.

You feel disoriented and adrift, like a child looking for their mother in a grocery store because they wandered too far. That's how I felt like (and still do). A lost child.

Another thing I was confused about was my eccentric uneasiness with the ocean. As soon as I set eyes on it, something tugged on my heart strings, telling me to run away as fast as I could. They were warning me about the danger of it. I wanted to listen to what those voices were saying so bad. They just seemed trustworthy enough to listen to. The waves were so threatening, yet they were small compared to others. I guess all evil comes in different sizes.

As I was collecting my thoughts, I was rudely interrupted as the door swung open. A man that I have never seen before strolled over the threshold and stopped directly in front of me. He wore a black army jacket with matching black pants. His collar was up and he wore heavy boots. A golden ring, wrapped around his finger, held a peculiar symbol in the middle of a pitch black jewel.