six

Move, Bellamy. Move.
     He is in motion, all of him, every ounce of his being is going after Clarke. He can see her in the back of the rover, bound, and he wonders if she can hear him scream. But his feet only go so fast and he's losing them.
     "Bellamy," she screams, spitting the rag from her mouth. Someone strikes her face, hard, shoving the rag back between her teeth.
     "I'm coming, Clarke. I promise," he screams as the rover disappears into the trees. He feels like a limb has been ripped off. He collapses. Sweat matted hair is stuck to his forehead. He can't move, can't think.
     When the others catch up, Echo tries to yank Bellamy from the dirt but he refuses, pounding his fists into the earth as if it had robbed him. He will stand of his own accord.
     "Get up!" She shouts, overwhelmed. There is the sense that something is coming to a head inside of her. Murphy keeps a hand fast on his gun. Raven eyes him, suspiciously. Bellamy rises.
     "No!" Bellamy roars, turning to face her. He towers over her in this moment, filled with a rage none of them have ever seen and its permeates the atmosphere.
     "You are acting like a baby! And what? For a girl! You are a coward, Bellamy. A coward! You are afraid to love her so you hide behind me like a frightened child! You disgust me," she pushes against his chest with force, emotion overcoming them both. Bellamy is too weak, too drained to fight gravity, and allows himself to fall again. Echo begins to run, following the rover, following the voice inside of her telling her to get away.
     Bellamy cries, tears mixing with dirt. Madi kneels next to him as the others fall after Echo, concerned. The young girl takes his hand, squeezing it in her own. Her small fingers can barely hold his but she knows he still finds comfort in the gesture.
    "She loves you, Bellamy, we're gonna get her back and you'll see," Madi assures him.
    "Echo doesn't need us. She doesn't need me," he corrects her.
     "I didn't mean Echo," Madi shakes her head, "Clarke's right. You really are blind."