skipping dessert again

"What's for dessert?" Seven asked, eyes following Zen's as he put away dishes from their kitchen table.

"Dessert? You just finished dinner. Are you still hungry?" Zen asked, slight concern in his voice. He always wondered if perhaps he served Seven too little for each meal. Seven was naturally pretty skinny, although he somehow managed to gain some muscle, Zen wondered if he was unintentionally promoting his thinness. It wasn't often that Zen made dinner anyways; usually, they went out to a restaurant or picked up fast food. Yeah, super healthy, a McDonald's cheeseburger is indeed a tasty meal for the rich and famous. Before living together, Zen never really made time to prepare a meal for himself, and practically lived off of street food and beer.

Perhaps Seven wasn't hungry, and just wanted something sweet to finish off the meal. He could be kind of like that sometimes, demanding a sweet snack much like a toddler would beg their mom for candy.

"I could probably scoop out some ice cream or something if you want," Zen asked, trying to remember what was in their fridge. It was more stocked than usual, but Zen was really the only one who kept it full. He only kept it stocked for Seven, who probably didn't know what a grocery store is. It was surprising that Seven had even survived this long, considering his lack of attention to his diet. Seven lived off of soda and chips before he started dating Zen. It was quite apparent too, as the first time Zen stayed over, he kept finding chip crumbs lodged in between the couch pillows. Zen found it kind of surprising that Seven was such a sweet tooth when his favorite snack was quite savory (read: covered in salt), and assumed he was more of a potato chip guy if anything.

Zen started to head towards a cabinet to grab a bowl for Seven's luxury dessert, but was interrupted by Seven.

"Not that kind of dessert," Seven said, watching as Zen looked at him in confusion before blushing slightly, then frowning. He walked back to his task of washing dishes. Despite the two being together for quite awhile, Seven's cheese filled attempts at seduction still caught him off guard. Zen still retained his sense of gentlemanliness though, or perhaps better worded as "self restraint."

"I have work tomorrow morning though," Zen said, stacking dishes in the sink. "You know how that is." He rolled his eyes. Both of their jobs had weird schedules with flexible hours—for the employer. While Seven could pretty much work whenever he wanted, Zen's director gave him hell, giving him practice in the early morning, and another late at night. That being said, they had just finished dinner with the clock striking one in the morning.

Seven laid his head on the table, just watching Zen move as he washed dishes, inspecting his boyfriend's physique. His back was quite muscular, yet it still retained its slim, young look. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's like a fit guy one would be enamored with in high school; hot and toned, but not too beefy. He wondered how the hell he even ended up snatching Zen, who was, of course, adored by teenaged girls everywhere. Well— not that Zen was particularly into girls. Especially not teenage ones, that would be pretty weird and a cause of concern. Let's stop talking about that actually. Seven directed his attention back to Zen's stunning facial features.

"C'mon. It won't take that long," Seven licked his lips disgustingly, almost as if he was prepared to literally eat Zen; him licking his lips was never sexy— he'd gotten worse about it over the years of chapped lips and loads of salt. Zen frowned at Seven again, expressing that he had to wake up early using only his eyes, a teacher glare, if you would. Within those red eyes, though, was a muted curiosity.

"I can be quick though!" Seven said, staring at Zen from across the kitchen. "You know, I didn't used to be able to do that kinda thing so fast, but an old dog can learn new tricks I guess. Especially when the master is superstar Zenny." Zen looked at him and cringed. He didn't really like the implications of him being a... dog owner and his boyfriend being a dog... there's definitely something wrong with that. "Why do you have to be so gross about it?" Zen questioned.

Seven got up from his chair and put his arms around Zen's waist, pulling his body back towards himself. "Fine, we won't do anything." Seven said, removing his hands from Zen's waist, and instead placing them on his shoulders. This was kind of a struggle, considering the significant height difference between them. "Well," Zen said, drying off his hands. "I guess it's time to sleep, unless you want to watch a movie or something." He continued, putting his hands onto Seven's.

Occasionally, when either had issues sleeping, they would both stay up to watch a movie playing on one of the local channels. They were either old classics or indie films they had never heard of. Either way, it was comforting to have someone there, even if one of them eventually fell asleep halfway through the movie. Though usually, one of them would move and the other would wake up to a random scene in a completely different film, which was always jarring. This process was getting more frequent as began to Seven receive a lighter workload, and turned to napping during the day, killing his usual exhaustion cycle.

"I think I'll be fine tonight," Seven said, yawning. "What about you?" He asked, helping him to put their silverware back into its appropriate drawer. Zen looked at Seven with tired eyes, which gave away his response, but he still answered, "I'm dead tired." He said, putting the final plate away.

Zen turned off the kitchen light, and they walked into their shared bedroom, Zen praying for a good night's sleep for once.