Chapter 2

The week goes fairly smoothly, I find out Freya lives nearby and so momma lets her ride with us to school, since Freya's mom has two three year old's she has to take care of and Freya usually has to walk. Ever since Freya and I have clicked, we've been stuck together like glue and even Brent has grown on me. Freya asks me multiple times If have my eye on someone and I deny it but  think she knows I like someone, she just doesn't now it's Mr. Aubrey.

English has become my favorite subject, which I was currently in. Freya and I were passing notes since she doesn't have a phone.

I giggle at her note reading, Jack has a cute butt, but decided to play along and write, yeah he does.

We then proceed to rate the boys butts in class when she writes about me liking Brent's butt and I agree because, hello, football players and baseball players have the cutest butts.

I'm about to pass it to her when the paper is snatched from my hand and I look up to see Mr.Aubrey looking at us with a scowl. He reads it with a stone cold face, raising his eye brows a little before ordering us to go outside the classroom, telling us he'll be out in a minute.

While outside, I bounce from one foot to the other, a nervous habit I can't get rid off. Freya steadies me and laughs, " Tthat's hilarious! Did you see his face? Anyway, Mr. A isn't that bad, we probably won't even get in trouble for it. He'll probably tell us that he doesn't want it to happen again."

I try to listen to her, she's probably right. yet my stomach is still doing somersaults.

When Mr. Aubrey comes out, I glue my lips shut and so does Freya.

"Now girls, I don't want this, " He waves the note around, " activity going on in my class. It distracts you, other students, and is highly inappropriate, do I make myself clear."

Freya is surprised by his stern voice or seems to be because she nods eagerly. I'm find it attractive so my reaction is a little bit slower but somehow I find myself nodding, even though I feel like my knee's might buckle. I'm almost positive they're shaking and I'm praying Freya nor Mr. Aubrey sees.

"You may go, " I turn to leave but he catches my arm, " stay for a second longer Lola."

Freya scurries into the classroom but gives me a look as if to say, I told you that he wouldn't be that bad but my heart is racing so hard I pay it no mind.

"Yes?"

" Lola, I'm serious, None of this inappropriate activity going on in my classroom?" Is that jealousy I hear?

"Okay, sir."

He lets go of my arms and I turn around, ready to open the door when he asks why my knee's are shaking so bad.

"I don't know." I answer and push the door open. When I turn back, he's giving me a knowing look and I can't help the blush that makes it's way to my cheeks. And I never blush.

When school is out, I clamber into the car with Freya, she's staying for the party mommas throwing but It'll be more like a gathering. When we get there, momma makes us hurry into the house and we start putting up things like ribbon in the corners and pretty bows. We pull the break-ables away although It's only because people might bring their children and children running around cause chaos wherever they go. Then we push the couches to the side in the living and I connect the speakers like daddy taught me how to — momma doesn't know anything about technology except how to use her phone and things like that.

Then momma goes inside her room to change and I drag Freya's to mine.

"Freya, you bring extra clothes, right?" I ask her.