Chapter 11

Chapter 11

You guys don't even know how much I screamed when I got 1k reads. Thank you so much! Keep commenting and whoever comment the nicest comments gets a dedication. Don't forget to vote!! :) love you all! xxx

"Listen, Josh," Connor says, his tone suddenly turning serious. "I know you're having a hard time with Jennifer and all...like Matt and him trying to kill her and all and I want--"

"Wait, you believe me on that?" I say quickly.

"Of course! Have you seen the guy? His demon coloured eyes are filled with evil." He laughs, my action following his. He continues. "But anyway. I want to help you. I know what it feels like to be in love." Connor looks down as if he was embarrassed.

"You have?" I ask.

"Yeah. There's this girl that just- God, everything she does is perfect. She's perfect."

"What's her name?"

"Rosie," he says.

I almost tell him, almost, that he is too young to know what love is. But when I see just the way he says her name, and the way his eyes light up, and the way his lips turn up into a content smile, I know he really does love her. I smile at him. My little brother has finally found someone. I just hope he doesn't get rejected by her.

Girls can be pretty stupid sometimes, along with boys. Anyone can be stupid at times. But girls have the tendency to be rude to boys that they think are weird and unattractive, not that Connor is that. I always hated it when nobody would give me a chance. Why girls do that, I don't know.

"Awh, Connor," I say, ruffling his hair. Connor smiles up at me with a wide grin.

It stays quiet for a few minutes. I want to ask him something, like what she looks like or if he will ask her out but I can't seem to find the words that are stuck in my throat.

"Josh, listen," he tells me. "I'm gonna tell Jen the truth."

"What if she doesn't believe you?"

"Oh, honey," he says with a smirk on his face. "I can convince anyone."

He fake winks at me. I really hope everything goes well.

***

Fifteen minutes later, Connor has a black walkie-talkie strapped to his waistband, and I have mine clutched beneath my clammy fingers. I am nervous, although I don't know why. Connor pats my shoulder and I smile at him anxiously.

"Don't worry, Josh. Everything will be fine." Connor gives me one last reassuring look before he leaves the room and for once, I believe him. My body falls and flops down onto the soft hospital bed. I wish I could sink through it right now, and escape this earth. My stomach does a flip as soon as I hear the buzzing of the walkie-talkie.

"Josh, I'm outside her door. Can you hear me?" Connor asks.

"Yep," I tell him. My voice wobbles a bit and I inhale a big breath in to try and cover it up. I hear the click of the door, and for a moment, the world just stops and my mind controls everything. What if she doesn't believe him? What if she still hates me?

"Hey, Jen," I hear him say softly. Jen says something, but the static covers it up. I'm pretty sure she remembers him, but I could be wrong.

"Connor, if you're here to try to convince me of something, then just leave. I'm not in the mood for it." I almost laugh. There's the curt Jennifer I know.

"Jennifer, I know you're scared. And confused. I know you're probably really really frightened and feeling a bit out of place. And I'm here to help you with that. Okay?"

"Alright," Jen says softly. I smile, my stomach tingling.

"Jen, I know Josh. And I know Matt. Josh is the kind of guy that would put himself before anyone. Josh is the kind of guy that would bring you a glass of water if you asked at two o'clock in the morning. But Matt. Matthew Daily is a different story. On the outside, he may seem like the nicest lad you will ever meet. But people lie, Jen. A lot."

"Are you calling him a liar?"

"Yes, Jen. I am. He's lying about Josh. Josh did none of that. He would never. I'm sorry, Jennifer. I really am. And I feel so awful about all of this. I literally feel sick inside. But please, Josh thinks you're the most amazing person in this world. He can't live without you. He needs you. So if you could just forgive him, that would probably be more than anything he could ever ask of you."

Connor did say a little bit more than I wanted him to. But over all, he's amazing with words. He's always been gifted at forming the correct sentence at the appropriate time. Connor can be the most annoying, selfish, arrogant, immature brother ever, but I will always love him. And I would never want him to change.

"Connor, thank you. You really are as awesome as I remember. Come here," he says. I hear a bit of shuffling, and since I can't see them, I guess that they are hugging.

The smile on my face grows. Maybe Jen and I can be what we were before. Maybe we can be best friends. Maybe she won't like Matt. Calm down, Josh, calm down. Don't get your hopes up. I flip over in my bed so my face is squashed against the mattress. It stings the cuts on my head so I just turn around again. Then I sit up, lay down again, and then I get up and pace around. Why am I so restless? I can't stay still.

The door opening is the only thing that halts me in my tracks.

"Jennifer wants to talk to you."

Question of the day: What made you come on and read my book? (I'm really curious..)

Thankkkkkkssssss guuuuuyyyyysssssss. Comment and vote.