8. Mum's Colleagues

Some of my mum's colleagues just normally vex me like nooo someone sent them.

I mean... My mum tells me to sharply bring her something from home to her office, I get there and one man says...

"Ha ha Desola, it's been a while since we saw you here last, we don't even see you here everyday"

Um... do I work here?
No.
So how do you expect me to be in MY MUM'S OFFICE everyday.

Or another one says...

"Eeh Adesola, you're now a big girl o"

Did you expect me to stay the same way the last time you saw me?

Why are you pronouncing my full name? Are you any of my parents?

Or the new staff that says...

"enhen, is this Oga's daughter?"

No, like you can't see the resemblance.

"They look alike a bit, but Oga is dark and I heard her husband is also dark how come she's light"

Um... Gbeborun, don't you understand the concept of genetics.

The one that vexes me the most... The one that tries to poke nose into my education.

"Desola Desola oma ti di big girl (Desola Desola you're now a big girl) have you written jamb?"

"yes sir I have"

Then he asks the university and course I chose and I tell him. What pisses me off is...

"What's your score"

Mtchew.
What's your own, abeg fashii joor.

*****

When I was younger I loved going to my dad's office especially during exams. My dad is  a lecturer so when I go with him to work I get tons of goodies from students thinking that will make my dad give them higher scores... Lol... Like I even understood what was happening, as long as my stomach was filled ko si wahala (no problem).