33: Redemption

Everyone was gathered in one spot when Isabel and Derek returned.

Sean saw them and went over to them. "Lilith doesn't look like she's going to make it. Devin wants to do something with his blood and she won't let him."

"He wants to heal her," Isabel explained. "Our blood has a healing property to it."

He walked back with them. Parrish had his hand pressed against her stomach and she was laying on the ground. She was pale and Isabel could tell she was dying.

Parrish looked up at Isabel. "I can't get the bleeding to stop and she's not letting Devin do that blood thing to heal her," he explained. "I can call an ambulance but I'm not exactly sure how to explain this."

"Don't," Lilith said. "I'm not worth it."

"You are worth it. I'm not going to let you die without trying."

"Don't bother."

Isabel moved Parrish's hands out of the way. "Call that ambulance and Stilinski." She looked at Derek. He nodded, knowing exactly what she was asking of him. He moved to the other side of Isabel while Parrish went to make his phone call.

"Please don't waste your energy on me."

Derek ignored her as he placed his hand on her arm, her pain visibly traveling up his arm.

"Please, Isabel. Make him stop. I don't deserve saving."

"Because of the harm you've done?" Isabel asked. "Because of the mistakes you've made?"

Lilith nodded. "I've killed innocent people. I tried to kill you and members of your pack."

Derek gave a grunt before releasing Lilith's arm, working his hand. "You're not the first person to try to kill us," he said. "Peter tried to kill me. Deucalion and his Alpha pack tried to kill all of us. Dying because you don't think you deserve to live is probably the worst reason I can think of to die for."

"Dying while helping you is a good reason."

"Not like this," Devin said. "Don't let Kenton win like this, Lilith. Dying isn't going to redeem you. Your anger and hurt clouded your judgment."

"Don't defend me. I knew what I was doing."

"Then live and redeem yourself. I killed a Pure Valkyrie. I could have accepted that but I didn't. And I was able to redeem myself because of that. You still have something to live for. This town and this pack will eventually need you. Need your magic."

Isabel looked at him, wondering if Devin had seen something.

"You can't give up just because you can't see the light." Blue lights suddenly filled the darkness. "Promise me, Lilith, that you'll survive."

Stilinski and Rafe jumped out of the SUV and headed towards them. Parrish went to intercept them. "What's going on?" Stilinski asked.

"Off or on the record?" Parrish asked.

"Off."

"We killed Kenton, but Lilith got the brunt of the whole thing and they're trying to save her."

"Who's Lilith and how bad is she?"

"She's ... ah... the witch we've been after." Both Stilinski and Rafe just looked at Parrish. Parrish put his hands up. "Long story and I'll explain later. But we need that ambulance if she has any chance of surviving."

Stilinski sighed and stepped away, reaching for the radio on his shoulder.

"Well, you guys have about five minutes to come up with a story before the ambulance gets here," Rafe said.