Alternate Reality

Your life can easily turn upside down when all your parents care about is fame.

Description:

Two years ago, Annie and Hayley Leblanc got a surprise: a foster kid at their house. Cassie Jade Perez is a rebellious foster kid thrown into the Leblanc's lives.

Cassie was adopted by the Leblancs two years before the day their lives changed forever: they accept the request to have their lives filmed.

But when the show starts airing, the parents will do anything for their fame, which leaves the kids to wonder, will life be better with fame, fans, and torture behind the scenes, or as runaways?

So when I started writing this, I had two chapters already, and you can use the first one, but you MUST give me credit. If you don't, I'll ask you to give credit, and if you don't within a week of being active, I'll report you.

Here it is:

"Hey Cassie?" Katie called me.

"Yep?" I replied, snapping my head up from the iPad.

"We'd like to adopt you, if it's okay with you." She said, peeking her head around the corner.

"Really? Yes!" I said excitedly.

It was the day I had been waiting for; the day where Billy or Katie finally said they would adopt me. I had been in their care for nearly a year now, and was on my sixth foster home in four years. I had been left at a park alone with a note from my parents taped to my back, saying they didn't want me. But luckily I don't remember much about them. All I remember was I didn't like them. Or my first five foster homes.

The Leblanc's was paradise to me, and their daughters treated me like I was their sister. We got along and all that jazz.

That was exactly two years ago. Anyway....

Oops! I almost forgot. I'm twelve year old Cassie Jade Perez. My sisters Annie and Hayley are thirteen and nine. It's nice being with them, they make the world feel like home (no idea what that's supposed to mean, but I said it, haha).

"Girls! Come downstairs! We're going to Walmart!" Billy calls us.

I trot downstairs, coming from my room, and follow Annie to the car, and Hayley follows.

--------------------

"What are we getting anyway?" Hayley asked.

"I don't really know. I just wanted you girls to get out of the house today." Dad responded.

"Okay then." Annie mutters, looking down at her phone.

"Annie, you're always on your phone. You should get off, at least in the store." I said to her.

"My phone, my choices." She said.

"Fine." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Oh! Dad, I'm out of concealer. Can I go get some?" Annie asked.

"Sure. Pick someone to go with you." He replied.

"Um... Cassie." She said.

"Hayley and I will be in the men's section." Dad said, walking away with Hayley.

I followed Annie over to the makeup section, letting her walk around with her eyes glued to her phone. I had a feeling she would learn her lesson. Sure enough, she did. Once we were about to turn into the aisle, she bumped into the shelving unit with blush and eyeshadow, causing her to drop her phone and knock several palettes off the shelf, breaking them.

"Oh sh**!" She said, staring at the mess on the ground.

I broke out in laughter. It was so funny seeing her super mad!

"It's not funny!" She screamed at me, causing me to laugh harder.

"I think you broke a whole lotta that makeup. I guess you'll need to conceal the damage!" I said, cracking myself up. It was too funny!

"Shut up bish!" She hissed.

"Too bad. You break, you pay, and I laugh." I said, watching her pick up and turn over her phone.

"Oh crap! It's broken!" She realized.

"And you're broke because you insisted on wasting your money on the iPhone 8, instead of waiting two months for your free upgrade." I smirked.

"Oh great. I dropped two Natasha Denona palettes. That's gonna cost me around five hundred dollars on top of the other stuff I dropped." Annie muttered.

I stood there and waited for her pick it up. Then, she tried to figure out where to put it. I watched as she attempted to push it under the shelf with her foot. It wouldn't go under, so she just put it on the shelf. She saw what makeup she broke, and snatched my phone out of my hand and opened the calculator. She added up the price of the makeup she broke, plus the price it would likely cost to get her phone fixed, and it came up at a whopping $1,527.

"I'm never going to make that much money!" She wailed as Hayley entered the aisle.

"I heard you wailing. What was that ab-" Hayley started, "Oh. Haha! You broke a bunch of stuff, and your phone! Good luck paying for that!"

"Annie! What did you do?!" Dad said, walking into the aisle.

"I broke about $1,500 worth of stuff." Annie said, wincing slightly, worried about what her dad would say about that.

"Oh, Annie you're gonna get it-" Dad started.

"Excuse me, sorry not sorry to interrupt. I'm Meaghan McCarthy, and I'd like to cast you in a reality TV show. We saw your drama just now, and we think you'd be perfect." A lady said.

Daddy started with, "Umm, I'm not so sur-"

"Yes!" Annie interrupted, probably seeing it as a way to pay for the broken makeup and phone.

"She means we'll think about it." I responded, taking a business card Meaghan was holding out.

"Hope to see you again!" She said, waving bye.

"You too!" Annie said.

"Wait, don't Reality TV Shows tear families apart?" Hayley asked dad.

"Not really. But I'd like to be famous, and I'm sure your mom will." Billy said, partially wrapped up in his own daydream.