Another Sunset (Chapter 9)

Chapter 9

Cold

There’s just a week before Christmas. I didn’t go to the trip to the beach because of a certain reason. Tom. Instead, I spent my day with Sarah, on a Christmas shopping spree. We went to a famous boutique to fulfill Sarah’s addiction for dresses.

Meanwhile, I’ve been thinking to give Zack a new coat or a new pair of boots. I know Tom will give him something that will beat my gift off. I gave up and ended up choosing a pair of gloves. Almost 20% discount so I grabbed it. Sarah’s almost finish but she can’t make up her mind whether she’ll pick blue or turquoise. She ended up buying green, which is out of her options. We rode her car on our way to my house. She said she’ll spend Christmas with us because her parents will have some kind of second honey moon.

We arrived at the house with plenty of time. She went to Zack’s room, which is temporarily, her room. And Zack stayed with me, almost for two days. Aunt Jaime was sitting with Edward at the porch talking about whatever lovers talk about. Zack welcomed me and kissed me at the cheeks. He’d grown up a bit. But still, he looked adorable. I hope Mom’s here; I know she’s proud of him. I got a phone call from Tom early in the morning. He said he just missed me and the gig would extend for two days. So, he’ll be gone for almost two days. I hate it! Two days without him? Come on? I’ll be a total wreck by this time. But still, I need to hold myself together. Boyfriend is a description that shouldn’t be used. Well, after all he’s just making his way. We have this sort of understanding right now but, we’re taking things properly. I went upstairs absentmindedly. Not thinking of what will happen for the next two days. I wanted to go to sleep and wake up in the next two days but, look at the bright side; he and his dad would celebrate Christmas with us so I took a comfort. I sat lifelessly and let my mind explore.

“Blaire? Are you okay?” its Sarah’s voice. It took me a second to move my body. Oh, I’ve been sitting for hours now and my body stiffened.

“I’m fine!” I assured her. I stood up to face her but I slipped on the floor and it created the most embarrassing sound.

“Ow!” I put my hand on my head.

“Blaire? What happened?” she sounded very worried, like Mom.

“I slipped. It’s nothing.” I open the door.

“Are you sure?” she eyed my arm. I saw a bruise over my pale skin.

“It’s nothing. It’s just a spot.” I told her.

And we walk down the stairs. Edward and Aunt Jaime’s not where I saw them earlier. Sarah must have seen the question in my gesture that she already answered it for me.

“They went out of town. She said, she’ll spend Christmas with Edward on where they’re headed to, I don’t know.” She rubbed her chin.

“She didn’t tell me this because…?” I waited for an answer.

“Because Edward surprised her a couple of tickets on where they are now and since you’ve been on a drama there in your room, she told me to relay her advance Christmas wishes to you.” we reached the kitchen.

“That’s odd.” I said while sitting at the tallest chair next to me. Zack was on the TV watching cartoons again.

“By the way, Josh’s going to pick me up tonight.” She trailed off. Her cheeks showed a little pink.

“So? Are you together?” I asked her while putting my now long wavy hair into a messy ponytail.

“Kind of. Well, I honestly don’t know.” She said.