Chapter 5: E.T.

/Clark POV/

The school bell sounded loudly as a signal to the end of school. Well, the end of school for the rest of the kids.

Clark made his way down the halls to the "Student Discipline Center", along with several other students: Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Diana Prince, and J'onn J'onzz. Diana walked next to Clark, reading a book, and he cleared his throat politely. She looked up.

"Hi. I'm Clark." He smiled charmingly and held out his hand, walking backwards to shake hers properly.

"I'm Diana." She shook his hand firmly and went back to her book. Clark looked at the other students. 

Barry and Hal were walking in sync, chatting about something quietly. J'onn walked alone, but with purpose.

"What are you reading?" Diana met Clark's eyes again.

"Its the story of Achilles." Clark peeked over her shoulder. The book's text was completely unreadable. It looked like chicken scratch...

"Is that... In Greek?" Diana didn't look up this time, but smirked. 

"Of course. You expect me to read Plato in English?"

They reached the detention hall and Barry opened the doors for the rest of them. Bruce and Arthur were already inside, Arthur dozing off, while the rich boy blinked at them. They all took their seats; Hal and Barry sat where they did the day prior, Barry, pulling out a book and Hal putting his head on his folded arms. Diana sat in the middle of the room, a desk behind Bruce, and Clark, nonchalantly, sat beside her. J'onn was last, sitting in the front row, a seat away from Bruce. 

"Okay kids, you know the rules." Mr. Kane seemed significantly more tired that afternoon, and just proceeded to close his office door.

And thus, the afternoon of silence had begun.

---

/Bruce POV/

Bruce looked around the room, examining the students once again. Barry and Hal seemed closer than the previous afternoon, whispering to one another under their breath, eyeing Kane. 

But Kane didn't notice. He was staring at his computer screen, his head falling ever so slightly every couple minutes. He was falling asleep. 

Bruce's dark eyes fell upon Clark, who was daydreaming again. He couldn't see Diana, as she was directly behind him, so he turned to get something from his book bag, catching her out of the corner of his eye. She was still reading the book, and he could see now, from a lower angle, that it was the story of Achilles, written in ancient Greek. -The only reason he could read the cover was because his father had the same book in his study.-

There was nothing really different about anyone in the room in reference to the last afternoon. Arthur was drip drying from being in the pool previously. He had arrived just after Bruce, eaten two meals worth of food, then fell asleep on his backpack. 

Bruce eyed J'onn once more. Out of all of the curiosities and odd behaviors in all the students, he found J'onn's behavior to be the most abnormal.

J'onn looked slightly more run down than yesterday, and there was a small tear on his suit sleeve. Bruce noticed too, that he was drawing something. It was a very accurate drawing of a raccoon. 

Maybe he had a run-in with a raccoon? Whatever it had been, the boy seemed tired and much less "tightly wound". His face and clothes were also slightly dirty.

He seemed to have been staring at J'onn for too long, because Clark noticed and looked over.
Bruce turned his attention back to his notepad, discreetly taking notes.