A Five Letter Word

"What are your plans for Valentine's Day?" Hermione asked Draco as they worked their way to the potions room. 

"Harry isn't really big on the whole flowers and chocolates thing." Draco shrugged, "I don't know, maybe we'll just find a nice place to hang out for a while, you know, away from the public eye."

Hermione laughed as they rushed down the stairs, "Have you two discussed it?"

"We aren't the best at talking, it's sort of a guy thing."

"Yeah, I've noticed."

"Hermione, you can't let him get to you."

Hermione felt her face grow warm, "I don't know what you're talking about." she said, a bit flustered.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Draco gripped her arm and pulled her to the side of the corridor, "Guys are clueless, and Ron is no different. If you want him to notice you, you have to assert yourself and spell out exactly what you want." 

Hermione shook her head, "Drake, even if I did, he doesn't see me that way."

Draco laughed and started to walk away, "Believe me, he will."

***

Draco spooned the rest of his potion into a vial and dropped it at Slughorn's desk before meeting Harry at their work table, "Ready?"

"Yeah." Harry shoved the last few things into his book bag, "Let's go."

Draco took Harry by the hand and they turned to follow Ron and Hermione up the stairs to the courtyard, "So, have you put any thought towards what we're doing for Valentine's Day?"

Harry shrugged, "I don't know, you know I'm not that big on formal holidays."

"Well, what if we did something anyways? It would be nice to get some alone time."

"What did you have in mind?"

Draco smirked, "I think you could figure it out."

Harry rolled his eyes, "Cheeky git."

Draco laughed as he pulled Harry up the last couple stairs.

"Hey guys!" Blaise ran up to meet with the group as they found a spot to sit.

"Hey, Blaise." Ron greeted.

"Someone broke into our room." he gasped, attempting to catch his breath, "It's completely trashed!"

"What!" Draco ran down the corridor with Harry and the rest of their friends in tow. He led them inside the Slytherin common room and up to his dorm room, "Oh Merlin." he muttered as he stopped in his tracks. He slowly made his way into his newly destroyed dormitory, stepping over several of his items on the way. 

"What the hell happened?" Harry asked, stepping over a broken lamp head.

The group slowly began sorting through the trash. Hermione waved her wand a few times and watched as everything flew back to its place, "Does it look like anything was taken?"

Draco shook his head, "I don't think this was a robbery, Hermoine."

Harry gripped Draco's hand and pulled him close, "It's okay, we knew that not everyone was going to react well."

Since they had come out to the school, most people had taken the news fairly well, some had even expected it. They were supportive and tried their best to accept the new side of Draco, but there were still people who weren't as understanding. Nothing major had happened, but the couple often received sideways glances in the halls or would overhear a snide remark, but no one had openly insulted or attacked them.