Chapter 9: The Rescue

Henry
"Hello, Captain Man and Kid Dumpster! We had a feeling you two would show up," Doctor Minyak smirked at me.

I narrowed my eyes. I hate it when he calls me 'Kid Dumpster'. "It's Kid Dan--" I then shut up when I noticed the warning look Ray gave me. He then glared back at Doctor Minyak and began circling around him.

"Now, you better let this young woman go, or you'll have to deal with us." Captain Man pointed to Jules and I nodded in agreement, banging my fists together in a threatening way.

"I think you're forgetting," another very familiar voice said from the back. "I'm here too." Ray and I both exchanged worried looks, backing up slightly.

I completely forgot about Drex. What was he doing with Doctor Minyak? I decided to shut my mouth to Drex and let Ray handle him, I didn't want another repeat of what happened the last time, thanks.

"Drex!" He scowled, narrowing his eyes. "Captain Man, be careful," I whispered, nervously watching Drex.

"Kid Danger, I've been fighting crime for a really long time, and I--" Ray was in the middle of talking to me when Drex punched him in the face. "Hey! I wasn't ready!" Captain Man shouted, feeling his face before he ran in to attack.

I began to back up, but then I was slowly being lifted in air. I began kicking and was looking behind me seeing I was behind held by a big muscular dude who looked like he wanted to kill me.

I gulped, nervously smiling at him. "Uhhh, would you mind putting me down?" The man smirked slightly and threw me hard to the ground. "Kid Danger!!!" Captain Man shouted worriedly, fighting off Drex at the same time.

"It's ok....I'm good....." I told him, trying to get up, but I was pushed back down. "Really?!" I shout to the guy who smirked. I look around quickly to try and find anything I can maybe knock him out with. I took a giant metal barrel and smacked his head with it.

While he was distracted with the pain I kicked him in the stomach and ran over to Jules beginning to untie her. "HEY!!! Get back here you!" The man shouted, I  went faster. "Kid Danger!!! Hurry!!!" Jules panicked, I nodded to her.

I saw Doctor Minyak looking at me. "What are you morons doing?! GET HIM!" I quickly finished the last round of ropes on Jules. Once she hopped out, she literally tackled me into a hug.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!"
"You're welcome," I responded smiling into the hug. "Now run, go wait outside until we come out. We'll meet you there. Go!" I ordered as I saw Doctor Minyak and the guy coming towards me. I got ready to fight.
                                ***
Jules
I ran without hesitation following Kid Dangers instructions. It was about fifteen minutes for them to take, then they finally came out as my Uncle Ray literally dragged out the criminal gang to the cops.

"Thank you again for saving me. You were very brave in there," I say to Kid Danger, who smiled back. I think he was blushing. "No problem. It's what I do." He then looked down and I looked away, making it kind of awkward for a moment.

"Ok, look," Kid Danger then said out of the blue. "I have something I've been wanting to tell you. But if I do, you're gonna have to promise me you'll keep it a secret. Ok?"

"Of course," I nodded, waiting for him to tell me. He looked around cautiously leaning in. "Ok," he took a deep breath. "I'm Henry Hart. And I'm Kid Danger."

Even though I kind of already sort of figured that out, I smiled and hugged him tightly.

When we let go, Uncle Ray came out brushing his hands together. "Ok Kid Danger. They're taken care of."
"Oh, uh, Captain Man?" Kid Danger awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "I kinda told her...."

He looked at me puzzled, then back at Kid Danger. I think he then got what he meant. "It's ok kid," he smiled. "I trust her. I've already told her too. But I'm serious Kid Danger, this is the last person you tell your secret to!"

"Totally, yes." Henry agreed, putting his hands up in surrender. "So, how about now I take you two to buy me an ice cream?" Uncle Ray said, Henry and I both exchanged looks. "I mean I take you guys to buy us an ice cream. Yeah." He corrected himself. Henry and I shrugged. "Sure, let's go." Henry agreed.

"I'm down for an ice cream," I said also. We then left to get our treat and enjoy the rest of the night.
                             ***
A/N: Hey guys! This story is almost coming to an end! What should happen in the last chapter, chapter 10? Thanks for all your support for this book!!! I really wouldn't have continued this without all your votes and comments!

~KidDangerr 💋