=1= Arrival

Finally! I'm here in republic city!

I was sent here by my father, Boomi(sp?) to stay with my uncle Tenzin. I was excited beyond belief!

Even though I couldn't bend, Gran-gran Kitara always said that I had the potential to be a bender. It just took time, and meditation, to be at peace with myself and stuff like that.

I didn't think much of it though. My father raised me to not rely on the possibility of being a bender like everyone else had seemed to hope for. He had trained me, alongside his friends Takoshi and Mahi. Mahi was raised on the ways of chi blocking and weapon use. No one was better than her. Then there was Takoshi, her twin brother, who had mastered in martial arts of all sorts. Win chun and capoeira were my favorites, even though it took a while to master both.

Anyways, there I stood, with my owl cat Luna, on my right shoulder. I stood there at the docks for who knows how long until my uncle showed up. I greeted him with a hug.

"Uncle Tenzin, it's good to see you."

"It's great to see you too Kanna. Shall we? There are some people I'd like you to meet."

I nodded and hopped up into the saddle on his sky bison's back.

Once we arrived on air temple island, I meet face to face with four people.

"Everyone, this is my niece Kanna. Kanna, this is Korra, she's the avatar." 

"It's nice to meet you." We said at the exact same time, then laughed. 

"This is Mako, Asami, Bolin, and his fire rat Pabu."

"And we are TEAM AVATAR!!" Bolin exclaimed. I nodded.

"A pleasure." I was trying to be polite, but hearing a familiar childish voice call out I pretty much lost it.

"Cousin Kanna!!" I turned and saw my three cousins run out to me.

"If it isn't my favoritest cousins in the whole wide world?!" I yelled, with one movement had all of them in a huge hug, and spinning, soon placing them on the ground again.

"We missed you Kanna! How long are you staying with us how was your trip how's uncle Boomi doing are you a bender yet have you met any boys have you kissed any of them yet are they cute when are you bringing your boyfriend here to meet us?!" Ikki said all in one breath. I smiled, kneeling to her eye level and taking a small breath myself.

"I missed you too I have no idea how long I'll be staying my trip was boring but smooth your uncle Boomi is doing fine no I'm not a bender yet and probably never will be I've met boys but only consider them only as friends I have not kissed any of them and do not have a boyfriend currently" I replied just as happily. And energetically as she had spoken with. She smiled and opened her mouth to talk again but uncle Tenzin interrupted.

"How about you girls show her to her room, and help her carry her bags?"

Korra nodded, and went for my bags, but before she could help I picked the four large suit cases all up myself.

"Thanks for the offer but I got it. I'm not completely helpless." Korra returned my smile and lead me to my new room

CLICK

"This is it."

"Thank you Korra. So... What's there to do around here that's fun?"  

She grinned. "Oh we always find something. But we should probably avoid the city for a while."

My grin dropped. 

"Why?"

"Well, long story short, No bender is really safe right now and I kind of want to avoid getting into trouble for a bit."

"Gotcha."

We had a short conversation before she led me out to her friends.

They were all nice people. But even though I wasn't the only one who couldn't bend, I still felt out of place here.

______________________________________________________________________

Number one complete!