A Singers' Fear

Whether you are an "Amateur Vocalist" singing, Andrew Lloyd Webber hits in your Elementary School Choir as I once did. Or become a Professional singer like Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, and Madonna heed the words I utter now, A Singer's fear will always be Laryngitis, Lyric Amnesia, and Nursing homes. Yes readers, don't turn  the page or rub your eyes in disbelief I said Nursing homes; when I was young, and a member of The Sunnyview Choir Junior division we entertained the Elderly exciting right, wrong. I mean just imagine five, or six year old Shauna pigtails and all singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland to an elderly audience under the direction of Julie WildGoose our Junior choir director; a bubbly young woman who loved singing, and teaching French. Anyway enough reminiscing, and "nostalgic diversion" I have a  tale to tell using her gestures as "vocal cues" I successfully sang "Somewhere over the Rainbow as sweetly, as a "Meadowlark in flight" extending the final note until, Julie's fingertips connected signifying the song's conclusion and a sigh of relief from me. Ready, set, fear absorbing their applause like a sponge, I made my way towards the exit completely unaware, of. the  Elderly woman approaching. Still high, from a successful performance I suddenly heard "that was a lovely performance dear". Turning my head to acknowledge the woman I "jumped" frightened by her wrinkles but, managed a small thank  you in The End.