xiii.

[ I LOVE YOU, JAMES

[ I LOVE YOU, JAMES. ]

...

isabelle had spent nearly two months in france, and when her carriage arrived back in scottish court, the princess was thrilled to see her husband again.

her footman helped her out of her carriage, and she felt a sense of deja vu. james stood in front of his wife, happy to have her back by his side.

she looked up, seeing james. the princess rushed to the regent, pulling him into a tight embrace. when the two pulled away from the embrace, james pressed his lips to hers. isabelle kissed her husband back, happily.

anyone could see that the royal couple was overjoyed to be back in each other's arms again.

|||

the royal couple laid in their bed, enjoying the morning sun that was shining through their windows.
"i've been thinking..." isabelle started, looking at james. the regent raised an eyebrow, waiting for his wife to continue.
"i want to try for a baby." she completed.

james's mouth widened as a smile settled onto his face.
"really? is that what you truly desire?" he asked. isabelle nodded, and pressed her lips to james's, once more.

"being away from you made me realize how much i've missed you and how much i love you." isabelle stated, catching james's attention.

"you what?" he asked. the two had never said those three words to each other, ever. they didn't want to rush their feelings, but now it was clear.

"i love you, james." isabelle repeated. james looked at her with his eyes filled with adoration. james pulled the queen regent closer to him, kissing her passionately.

"and i love you." james whispered to the woman of his dreams.