v.

...

catherine de medici and sebastian de poitiers walked down the halls of scottish court, looking for isabelle.

catherine's eyes landed upon her daughter. belle rushed towards her mother, embracing her. belle began to cry as her arms wrapped around her mother.

sebastian furrowed his eyebrows at his sister's tears. they didn't seem like happy tears.

however, as catherine de medici comforted her weeping daughter, she knew. catherine knew what happened.

"what has happened, belle?" bash inquired. catherine shook her head at him, waving her hand to dismiss him.

|||

"you're pregnant, belle? why didn't you inform me?" catherine frowned towards her daughter. belle only shrugged.

belle was in the middle of explaining to her mother what happened. the princess was now five months pregnant and she was certain that james was bedding marlene.

"and he's been lying to me since the ball, mother! and duke arthur knows none of it. i can't tell him because i don't want marlene's reputation to be ruined." isabelle frowned at her mother.

the princess ran her hand over her growing bump. she did not want to bring her child into a family that did not love each other.

"isabelle, you must do what is best for you and your heir. you have to let james know that you know of his actions," catherine informed. "that is why, my dear, i made a plan." catherine grew a sinister smile on her face.

|||

isabelle sat at the dinner table with james, her mother, and sebastian. the princess raised her fork to her mouth, taking a bite of her dinner.

"have you seen the physician yet? is everything still okay with the baby?" james asked, looking towards his wife. the princess looked at james before nodding.

"everything is fine. he says that i look as healthy as can be." isabelle stated.
"well that's wonderful, belle." bash commented.

isabelle smiled at her brother and then looked back at james.
"james, my love, where were you today? i looked everywhere." isabelle asked.

isabelle's question left james nervous. he had to tell a lie, but he was unsure of what to say.
"i was practicing with the swords earlier. did i not tell you?" the regent asked nerviously.

isabelle raised an eyebrow.
"that's interesting. i spoke with your trainer and he said that he had not practiced with you at all today." belle looked at her husband.

catherine watched as her daughter intimidated james. it truly amused catherine because she rarely saw this side of the princess.

"well he was lying." james tried to reassure the princess. that, however, did not work.

and james knew that isabelle was onto his indiscretions.