PART 2

“don't cry Juliet. we had a good run. Now we just need to find ourselves and do whatever it is that makes us happy…” he looked at his watch and frowned.

This wasn't easy for any of us because since day one, we have been like paper and glue.

“i guess its time for you to catch your flight… you better go…” i said sniffling, trying not to to let it get to me.

“yea… I guess so… do you want me to--” he pointed at his car.

“Nah," I said shaking my head harder than I should have.  "don't worry about it, ill call Jace and he’ll be over here in no time. Just go before i start balling my eyes out in front of you.” i said trying to stay as strong as possible, with a faded smile.

He tried to lean in for a hug but i stopped him and shook my head. “just go…” i said looking at him dead in the eyes. I knew that if he touched me, if he hugged me, it was over it was truly a goodbye and I don't think I would have the will to ever let him go if he hugged me. I couldn't do that to him, I couldn't do that to me.

He shook his head knowingly, looked at the ground,  he stood a few more second in front of me when he sighed and turned around and began to walk away. i felt a tear slide down my cheek, breakups were never easy, even if it was mutual, if that's even possible… they were never easy when it involved your best friend… the guy who you thought you were going to marry. But like he said, things change, and people change… he had a once in a life time opportunity to move forward with his dreams… it was only fair.

He stopped a few feet from me and turned his head slightly, “goodbye Juliet Quinn… I hope you have a great life… i mean it.” with that he continued to walk to his car.

i turned around and sat on the boulder next to me facing the ocean and the orange yellow sunset.

Tears began to stream down my face. My whole life I've waited for someone to come to my rescue and love me because i was Juliet Copland Quinn… not Quinn's daughter or Juliet Quinn… but for Coco… i guess i was going to have to wait right?

wait it out…

I was hurting more for losing my best friend than my boyfriend…

He was my everything.

-----

“Coco, didn’t you think this was going to end sometime soon? Even i saw that the whole “boyfriend/girlfriend’ thing was just because you guys felt obligated to be with each other. This is a good thing..” Jace said as we sat on the edge of my balcony, staring ahead on the illuminated ocean.  

i turned to him and smiled. “ I knew this was coming, but i mean, even if he didn't leave we would have been back to being us, the two best friends… he was like…”

“a brother to you…” Jace said nodding his head as he looked down on his feet.

“Jace..” i said not wanting to hurt his feelings.

“no its ok Juliet… I know i haven't been the best brother out there… I know that i should have been there for you when you needed me. Especially since you’re my twin sister. We’re suppose to have this bond that can take anyone down… its my fault I distanced myself from you. I am so sorry, for not being there for you when you needed me, for when you needed me to defend you against people who used you, for just not being there for you. I'm here for you now… I promise, that whenever you need me, or the triplets you have us… no more being distant. it was selfish of me to act the way i did.” he said side hugging me

“i love you so much Jace…” i said leaning my head on his shoulder.

“i love you too you little bugger.” he said chuckling.