Chapter 1 - warriors never die in vain p.1

Before I start the story I just need to tell you that this is my FIRST FANFICTION.  I do not own Steven universe and I am not Charles dickens. I will gladly take ideas to improve the story in the comments but please don't say rude things then just walk off. That way I can't improve the story to your liking, happy reading!

Start of story 

Sapphires POV

It was a calm summers evening. A crisp sweet smelling breeze wafted by as sapphire lay there. Watching the beautiful sunset, admiring it's every feature. From the hottest red to the dullest purple. Often she would lay down in the park to do this for It helped take her mind off anything and everything. There wasn't much to do know except morn for the loss of summer, school started tommorow and she just couldn't bare to think that she'd be going back to that hell hole of chalk dust and garlic. But it wasn't the odd odour of garlic that she didn't look forward too. It was Jasper. She couldn't bare having to look at her ugly eyeliner face every single day in the corridors with the fear of being beaten to a bloody pulp. It was her that made her feel like nothing, it was her rude rude retorts that made her feel like garbage. It was her overly confident persona that put Sapphire to shame. For Sapphire had depression, the bad kind. Everyday she would spend sleepless nights thinking of why life was worth living and everynight she would only come up with one answer, Ruby. She constantly thought that if she can get Ruby to like her then there IS a reason to live. The only problem is that they barely even knew each other, they would pass in the hall but that was it. Sapphire could never pluck up the courage to talk to her, but neither could Ruby.

Ruby POV

Ruby had been playing call of duty for some time when she started to get bored. "WOOHOO I WIN! Man Ruby you have been really of your game is there something bothering you?" "Nah I'm just getting a bit bored I think it might be time for me to head back" "well OK then suit yourself!" "Bye Ame" " bye!" As I went out the front door and jogged back to my dorm running across the dewey grass I started to have one of those random thoughts people get from time to time. I began pondering about class mates 'Jasper is a b**** with bad eyeliner,  everybody knows that. Amethyst is awesome and has a food fetish, peridot is OK but really socially awkward, Sapphire... I've been wanting to talk to her for so long just because she always seems really sad. I WANT to help her out, I don't like seeing anyone in pain. OK I'll talk to her tommorow when school starts. "Yeah that sounds good." As I ran up to my front door I realised I was exhausted. I didn't even have dinner or get into my pyjamas because as soon as I put my head on my pillow I completely wiped out. I dreamt about sapphire that night.

DID I DO GOOD?! Sorry this first chapter is a little short but I tried mah best.