On: Respect and Acceptance of Religions

So, as I stated in my forward, I respect all religions, and all religious people. Lemme elaborate.
I do not believe in religion. But that is my personal belief. That does not mean that I can't respect that other people's beliefs differ from mine, and, quite frankly, I find it absurd and immature for anyone to attack another for their personal beliefs. Especially for an athiest/similar, as you have no religious excuses for doing so. I dislike and disagree with much of what the Bible says, and will probably disagree with other holy books once I study them. I do know that I disagree with that inevitable part of a holy book that says something against anyone for being themselves, as that is excuse for people treating them as lesser or other. However, I can respect religious people and recognize that very few actually follow every single rule of their holy book. That being said, I have NO TOLERANCE for people who attack someone or treat someone as lesser or other for something that is out of their control, regardless of their religion. I do not tolerate people hiding behind their religion and using it as an excuse for their hate or discrimination. I don't care what religion you follow. I care what you do about it. If you attack or discriminate against someone because they have different beliefs regarding religion than you, I will call you on it. I will not hesitate to challenge you. I will not hesitate to treat you with the same level of respect that you unfairly give others. We need to accept that not everyone shares the same beliefs, and we need to work with that. We need to recognise it. We need to make sure everyone feels safe believing in their religion, or not believing in any.