Chapter One

Clarke

     My phone ringing pulled my eyes from my computer screen. Quickly, I dug in my purse to fish out my phone.

      "Hello?"

      "Clarke," Octavia said. "It's been awhile. What's up?"

      "At the moment, just work. You?"

      "Well, actually," she started. "You know how I'm really bad at planning things and make fast decisions?"

       "Octavia, I've known you since I was fifteen. Yes, I defintely know this. What is it now?"

      "Lincoln proposed!" She said happily. "The wedding is next month, and I want you to be my maid of honor."

     "Wait. What? I mean that's amazing, congratulations! But, a month?" I asked, panicking.

      "No time like the present. Also, it's going to be the smallest wedding ever. Since you're the maid of honor and the wedding is so small, we just need to get you a dress in the right color. I have Bellamy's tux ready, so you just have to match him. I've already found this great littl-"

       "Octavia!" I cut her off, a little too harshly. "Bellamy's best man, isn't he?"

       "Of course he is, babe. But come on, this is for me! Your sister."

       I sighed heavily and played with my necklace. "Okay. Fine. Things at work are hectic lately but I will be there. Are you doing a rehearsal dinner or anything?"

       "No, we're not. We just want to do the wedding. Listen I'm going to text you all the details, I know you're at work. Thanks for doing this. I love you." Octavia ended the call and I felt like taking a drink.

       Viewpoint Church. 4 p.m. for you, ceremony at 5. Sunset photos, dancing, dinner. Then you're free. Let's get your dress this weekend if possible. I'll drive up. Love ya.

      I replied: Date needed. Come up Saturday for a dress.

        Oh! The 12th. :)

       I sighed and put my phone back in my bag. I was going to need some serious help this next month.

       "Mom, Octavia is getting married. She wants to come up this weekend to buy a dress for maid of honor!"

        "Clarke take a breath. First of all, you've been planning for something like this to happen for the last three years. Right? Just maybe, after the ceremony. I'll come watch Homer this Saturday and I'll drive down with you for the wedding. You will go. You love that girl. Now, Marcus and I don't have plans, so stop worrying. No one has to know anything until you're ready."

       A small amount of stress was off of my shoulders, but my head was still spinning. Octavia had been calling and texting Clarke for the last three years and every once and awhile Clarke would drive down to see her.

      But thinking of Octavia coming up here to see her, sent me pulling my hair out. I opened the door to my small house and was immediately greeted by Homer, jumping into my arms.

       "Hey sweetie," I giggled. "Did you have a good day?"

       "Uh huh. I had hot dog and we 'pwayed' toys!" He said excitedly.

       "Hey, Clarke," my babysitter, Julie, greeted me. "He did really good today. Your weekend potty training is amazing, he still hasn't had an accident. He's getting good at his colors and numbers, too."

       "Thank you so much, Julie. See you tomorrow?"

        "Always," she laughed. Julie had been babysitting almost all of Homer's life. She lived down the road with her husband Paul. He worked, but she was lonely and was thrilled to babysit. She was amazingly sweet, and treated me as I was older, even though she is two years older than me.

       "Okay, let's get some dinner started while we play toys," I smiled, pushing aside all stress for now.