1. Impossible becomes possible

Aria's POV

I was driving my car on full speed towards the city of New Orleans.

Why?

Because the infamous Mikaelsons are there of course. Everything finally leads me returning to them. Always.

But this time the reason I'm coming back is much more important than other times.

"Why on earth, would you want to come back to them?!" My friend Nicole shrieked.

"You know why." I said. "As much as I hate him, I won't be able to deal with it without his and other Mikaelsons help."

In only a few months so much happened. My life was so peaceful and then it just turned upside down.

In a few last months, I reunited with my husband. And just when I thought that everything is perfect, he decided to rip my heart again by cheating on me with Katherine.

I hated myself for trusting him. Believing him. So I ran. And when I stopped, I was standing right in front of my friend Nicole's door. And the good friend she is, she welcomed me with opened arms.

But then I started to feel changes. My emotions became unpredictable and I started vomiting almost every morning which is very unlikely to an Original vampire. Nicole suggested to see her witch, so maybe she could tell what was going on.

"Tell me, what's happening to me?" I demanded the witch that was standing in front of me after she made a few of her witchy tests.

"I don't know how to tell you." She said.

I knew that if it was one of the filthy spells that some witch put on me then it isn't going to affect me badly since I'm an Original. But something inside me told me that it's something different.

I motioned for the witch to continue on speaking.

"When you told me the symptoms, one thing came to my mind, but I ignored it. But now... I don't know how it happened, but... it looks like impossible became possible." The witch said quietly.

I had no idea what she was talking about and it scared me a bit.

"Tell me." I repeated. She looked me straight in the eyes and said.

"You're pregnant."

*********************

Nik's back was turned to me when I entered the room.

"Hello, Niklaus." I said while smiling. He turned around with wide eyes. When he saw that it was truly me, a big smile came on his face.

"Aria!" Not in a second he was hugging me. "I'm so happy to see you. You didn't even say goodbye when you left." He looked at me sadly.

"Sorry about that. But I really needed to leave fast then." I apologized sincerely. He was my best friend after all.

"Salvatore brothers told us that you left because of Elijah." I turned my head away from him, but Niklaus made me look at him again. "Aria, I know my brother and I'm sure that he could never hurt you."

"Well he did!" I shot back angrily. "You know, he had made all those promises after I forgave him! Promises that he will never betray or leave my side again! But those "never again" lasted for a few months and than he ran to his Katerina." I mocked the way Elijah says her name. My eyes started glistening with tears.

"Aria..." Niklaus started, but I cut him off.

"No! Do not try to make me forgive him again, because I won't. I don't have spare hearts hidden somewhere, so I could change broken ones with them." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I didn't want to put my all anger on Niklaus. My emotions were very high. It was very hard for me to control them. I could get angry or sad for tiniest things. "Let's talk about you and what's happening in here." I changed the topic quickly.