2. Lies

Aria's POV

I was standing in front of the mirror looking at my reflection in it. I was wearing blue jeans with pink top and same white jacket. I put my hands on my belly. It was starting to show a little bit. It's so strange to have someone growing inside you.

I had no idea how I will deal with this. God, how scared I am. There's no one that could explain this to me since it had never happened before.

My top was hanging loosely on my waist hiding my belly. I couldn't let anyone suspect anything, since I haven't told Elijah yet and the last thing I need is him to hear this from someone else.

My train of thoughts were interrupted by some rustling downstairs, so I speeded out of my room to look what's happening, only to find Hayley, Rebekah and Elijah standing near the exit.

"Come, we mustn't linger. We'll get you some place safe." Elijah outstretched his arm to the pregnant wolf.

"Nah, I think this place is good enough for her." I appeared next to them.

"Aria, please. We just want to make sure that she and the baby are okay." Elijah said with pleading voice.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm fine." Hayley interfered. "I've been deemed under protection by the almighty Klaus. It's the werewolves who need help. He ordered a wolf hunt as some jacked-up peace offering to Marcel's crew. You have to help them."

"If you want to convince anyone, you should try harder, dear. Believe me, no one in here cares about those werewolves." I looked at her almost sympathetically.

"Listen. All my life, I've wanted to know who my real family was, and just as I find out that they're out there in the Bayou, Klaus orders them killed. Please. Help my people." She looked pleadingly at all of us.

"Alright." Elijah sighed after a while. Hayley then turned to me.

"You can forget about me going with them. But if those wolves are really so important to you, then I won't tell Niklaus about this... rescue-squad." I motioned with my finger to Rebekah and Elijah.

"Thank you." Hayley said and turned to Elijah and Rebekah. They both speeded away not before Elijah looked at me with sad puppy eyes. Ha! Like it was going to work.

"Who are you in this family again?" Hayley turned to me. I was surprised that Nik haven't told her yet.

"I'm Niklaus' sister in law."

"And which of the brothers is your husband?"

"I'll leave it for you to find out." I smirked. "Now tell me something about yourself. After all, you're my best friend's baby's mommy." That sounded a little but confusing, but everything is like that when it comes to Mikaelsons.

"Klaus is your best friend?" She asked astonished.

"I know. Don't ask why, because, believe me, I keep asking myself this for years now." I said.

"You know I can hear you, right?" We heard Nik's voice from above us. Both of us chuckled.

After that I and Hayley talked a little bit and I must say that she isn't as bad as I expected. Well I expected her to be some bratty slut, but she proved me otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sayin that I want to be best friends with her, I'm just sayin that I don't want to rip her head off yet.

So after our little chit chat, I decided to meet Marcel Gerard personally.

"I don't think that Niklaus has properly introduced us. My name is Aria." I walked in the courtyard where Nik and Marcel were sitting. Marcel stood up and shook my hand while slightly smiling.