Zero | The Before

Z E R O | The Before

"So, what is your name intruder and what are you doing here?" the man drawled as he stretched out on my living couch.

Intru–? To be honest, I was appalled. It was also really hard to keep my eyes fixed on his upper body and not trailing down every other second. How could he even be comfortable without any clothes on?

I cleared my throat and shuffled in my seat, looking away from him. "Edith. My name's Edith."

I glanced at him when he didn't respond, my face heating up when I saw that he was staring. "You know, I should be calling the police. You can't just barge into other people's houses – it's against the law."

The man laughed. And even though it was a soft, deep rumble, I couldn't help but be irritated by it. What the hell was so funny?

"This is my house, woman. I should be the one calling the guards. Do you know what the consequences are for barging in on the prince? During his evening bath?! You are in a whole lot of trouble."

What...? I stared at him like he was insane – which, from the look of things, he probably was.

"What?"

"Enough of this!" he barked and stood up abruptly, his entire body naked and bared for all to see. I let out a tiny squeal and turned away. "Guards? Guards?"

"What are you doing...?"

"Putting you in your place; the dungeon. No food, no water and no sunlight."

Dear God, I was going to need therapy.

---

a/n : dedicated to freakishxr