Chapter 12

Simon's P.O.V
Back at the hotel, I slide my nose back into place with a crunch. I shake my head, Lily shakes hers but smiles.

"Rodriguez hasn't returned yet, I'll deal with him when he gets back if you want?" She asks, I shake my head,
"Nah, there's no point, thanks though," I reply, leaning against the wall in her room.

"I think maybe, until Raphael gets back I should move out of the hotel, you know, to avoid any conflict, and I especially don't want anyone confronting you or anything," I add, she looks at me in disbelief,
"Don't do that, if it's anyone that should be leaving it should be Rodriguez," she snaps, I shake my head,
"No it's for the best, it won't be for too long anyway right? It's not permanent, I just don't want to get on anyone else's bad side," I explain, she stares at me for a few minutes and nods slowly,
"If that's what you think, by all means. Here's my number, call if you need anything," with that she opens her door and follows me out.

I honestly didn't think this through too well, considering I don't really have anywhere else to go. But I'll figure something out.

I grab my phone, wallet, keys and jacket. I guess for now the van will have to do, I mean it's comfortable enough, the back is big enough to lay down.
Then head out into the bleak and wet outdoors. I couldn't help wonder what Raphael was doing, where he was right now?

I pull my phone out and text Clary,

Hey, have you finished shopping with Izzy? Was hoping maybe, even the three of us, we could meet up for something to eat?

I get into my van and drive towards the diner, parking outside but not going on until Clary responds. Which takes longer than I expected.

Clary's P.O.V
I grin as her lips move down my neck, my hands running over her back, she moves up and finds my lips.

I kiss her with more passion, not sure where the rage of emotion is coming from but I find myself kissing her harder, firmly gripping both her hips.

While her hands rest against my thighs, I moan slightly at her tingling touch. Then she pulls away, looking down at me and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You seem tense," she comments, laying down beside me, she takes my hand in hers,
"I'm just.....I don't know.." I feel that I'm not the same person I once was, I don't know whether it's because I've fallen for Isabelle quite hard may I add or I've just changed because of this Shadowhunter business.

Izzy slides closer towards me,
"You can tell me," she smiles comfortingly, placing a hand on the side of my face. I lean into her touch,
"It's nothing," I lean closer so my lips are on hers but she pulls away,
"Are you sure? Because you've been acting strange," she couldn't let it go. I stand up,
"I've just been thinking about Jace," I reveal, her eyebrows raise,

"What about him?" She asks, trying to keep her voice even,
"I feel bad for him, I feel like I've led him on, even though nothing was really going on between us, I mean he likes me but.." I trail off, Isabelle stands and her hands are on my shoulders.

"Clary, Jace can handle rejection or whatever it is, he's a shadowhunter and can look after himself, don't worry about it," then moved past me into the bathroom, she smiles,
"You need to relax, ill make a bubble bath for us," and I can't help but smile either.

"Sounds good," I set my phone on vibrate and leave it on the dressing table while I grab some towels and head into the bathroom.

Simon's P.O.V
I was driving round the town, not quite knowing what to do with myself. I tried calling Clary a few times, I guess I'm coming across too desperate that's why she's avoiding me.