Monster is all that was written

Chapter 3
~

Bruce was going over the files that oracle had sent him. There were video tapes and a bunch of old files dating back to god-knows-how long. Files reading stuff about: personality disorders, depression, anxiety: all the shitty things. There was the word "monster" here and there. But nothing else. Bruce pushed away from his desk. "Dammit." He mumbled under his breath as he looked at the clock.

1:30am. Damn.

He had been so caught up in work with "batman" business he forgot he had a business meeting early in the morning.

He ran a hand through his hair and stood, making his way to the elevator.
He got upstairs and headed straight for the bath. He struggled out of his t-shirt and sweatpants and dragged his ass into the shower.

After a hot shower to loosen up his muscles he grabbed a towel wrapping it around his waist and began to dry his black hair and headed up into his room to grab a pair of boxers and some pants, after getting dressed he settled into the soft warm bed and drifted off to sleep.

~ (maybe a little trigger warning idk..)

Joker how ever was far from asleep. As a matter of fact you could say he was having a internal fight with himself.

It was one of those nights where his demons liked to play. Keeping him wide awake to stare up at the old mill ceiling. It smelt of rust and dirt, maybe even gunpowder, who knows. He tossed to his side and then to the other side. He growled under his breath and leaned up.

It was the moment when he felt lonely. Most of the time J was to busy roaming around, terrifying every living soul, to feel loneliness, tonight was different though. "Fuck." He growled as he fought to breath. His tried to stare at the wall and try to think of something else. Anything.

-Murder, no
-Anger, no
-Temper, no
-craziness, eh maybe
-psycho, hell yeah
-monster, what ever
-Batman, What?

"What the hell?" Joker growled. "Why the hell am I thinking of bats!" He shook his head as he climbed off the old mattress and walked over to the window to see the bat symbol: that was high in the sky finally go out and disappear from the night sky.

"Boss, I heard something everything alright?" Two thugs where outside the door. Joker growled,

"of course." Joker said throwing a fake cheerful response.
"Alright sir." The thugs said and disappeared.

Joker huffed. Everything cane flooding back to him that happened earlier.

•the fight
•Maybe a gun was involved.
•Two dead henchmen
•Words...?

•Words: right what was the words that bats said? Joker shook the thought out of his head. Or at least tried too.

"No one dances with you like I do!"

"This isn't over joker." Batman said grabbing his wrist.

"For now. It is." Joker had growled.

Joker growled. How dare he think of something like, like that! For god sakes, he's a villain. A killer. And batman was just some freak in a costume.
Joker wanted to claw out his brain, maybe shoot himself in the head. Just enough to make everything go.

Silent.

He felt his skin crawl and he had the nerve to sink his nails into his wrist: which is what he did, he clawed at his wrist, drawing blood, the problem was It didn't help, though. It only made him feel sick with himself.

he let out a sigh and grabbed a tissue off the table and wiped the blood off his wrist.
It really was gonna be a long morning.

~ (sorry about that: end of the trigger warning))

Alfred came walking into Bruce's room opening blinds, which casted light onto Bruce. Bruce let out a cuss and threw the pillow over his head.

"5 more minutes!" Bruce snapped, which earned a laugh from Alfred. "Master Bruce, if work didn't call I would've let you sleep, but you have a big meeting in the office today." Alfred said.

Bruce groaned and threw the pillow off his head and pushed himself up and threw his legs over the side of the bed.
"So tired." He grumbled and stood up walking to the bathroom.

"That's what you get for staying up all night being a vigilante." Alfred said, "but to make you feel reinsured, I'll fix you, your coffee." Alfred said as he walked out of Bruce's room.

Half a hour later after washing and combing his hair, brushed his teeth and was now looking sharp in a tuxedo bruce came down stairs trying to fix his tie.
"For heaven sakes. You're a grown man and can't even fix his own tie." Alfred grumbled as he put the cup of coffee down on the counter and walked over to Bruce to help me straighten his tie out. "Considering you always fixed my ties." Bruce laughed as he walked over to the counter to retrieve his cup of coffee.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. After all: I helped raise you, I don't see anything wrong with needing help with something, even if that means having to fix your tie, for heaven sakes." Alfred said with a smile.
"Thanks Alfred." Bruce replied lightening the mood as well.
"Right, of course: you best be off master Bruce, wouldn't want to be late for the meeting. I'm sure something nice will come out of this meeting, this time." Alfred said. Bruce nodded his head and finished his coffee and headed out the door.

-------

Announcement:
Okay so imma Cut this chapter short cause my motivation sucks so bad, but hey I'm trying. I've been sick lately so this chapter might seem boring cause I kinda don't feel the best right now, deep apology for that.
Also I'm so sorry about the trigger warning, I don't usually like writing "dark" stuff and if I do I give a warning ahead of time; but I thought that I would add a little dark part to joker's "point of view". So if it bothers anybody I'm so Sorry!
But anyways yeah I'm doing my best with the updates I swear.
I'm rather excited to see how this book goes. I'm excited to actually write it, and actually keep it interesting.

But anyways: I hope everybody has a good day/night!

~fable🃏