Arkham

~
Chapter 5

Bruce ditched the event early, he was out the door by 9:30 that night and got a cab and headed home.

He walked into the front door to be met with Alfred who had a concerned look on his face. "Master Bruce, is everything alright?"

Bruce didn't reply he walked over to the piano, pressed the key and opened the elevator to the batcave.

The elevator ride was quiet as they got down and the door opened and Bruce walked in.

The squeals, and chirps and rustling of the bats could be heard as a few went flying off into the midnight air. Bruce walked over to the police radio turning it on, As he sat down.

Bruce was going over some things as Alfred waited for the right moment to ask any questions.

"Sometime isn't adding up. Joker was let out of Arkham. But the file that oracle sent me said he escaped. The thing is, joker's story and the files aren't adding up, and not to
Mention Not to long ago something happened, with Dr. young and joker, and now this..." Bruce was now mumbling to himself.

"Sir, you aren't really making any sense. What does Dr young have to do with the Joker?" Alfred asked.

"Dr young [when she was alive] and another doctor was seeing Joker at the time, all his treatments. Medicine everything.  She and that doctor was in charge of everything that happened to him.." Bruce said now mumbling as he read the file for what seemed to be the 20th time. "So you're saying something took place during Arkham that caused exactly what?" Alfred asked. "Something happened in Arkham that's changed joker, or tried to change joker. He isn't, he isn't actually acting like the joker." Bruce said as he began to suit up.

"His not acting like the joker I know.' Bruce wanted to say but didn't.

"Wait. You're saying that some type of rehabilitation, or some type of therapy took place with the joker which is causing his strange behaviour now..?" Alfred asked. "Something like that." Bruce mumbled. "And why do you really care, sir. I don't mean to sound so cruel but if I know the joker. He isn't gonna like you digging into his past. Which god forbid, how many of those he has." Alfred said.

"He might not like it, but he will get over it. Fast." Was all Bruce said and with that Bruce was gone. Heading straight to Arkham.

<I've confused myself a little with this plot I'm so sorry>

Bruce stood in front of the Arkham's security door, waiting to gain access in order to walk through. When the doors open three to four guard where standing guard. "You better have a good reason to be here so late." Commissioner Gordon growled as he stood there looking at Bruce. "Better late then never." Bruce replied as he and Gordon walked down the hall ways.

"The place is still a mess, from where some ill inmates managed to escape and went on a rampage. Thank god that we managed to get them under control." Gordon said. "Gordon, I have a few questions, involving him." Bats looked at Gordon who looked a little pale. "Look, you know he escaped a mouth or so ago. Nobody has heard from him, or seen him." Gordon said lowering his voice and giving bats a concerned look.

"I may have had a run in with him. And the way he talks he didn't escape. He was set free." Bats growled.

"Who the hell would set that madman free?" Gordon growled. "That's why I'm here. Something happened the last time he was here." Bats growled.