My Sunshine -Part 6

Jinny found Yoongi sitting in the yard with his skateboard next to him.  He looks pensive and soft dreamily staring off into the distance.  She sits down next to him and gives him a feather-light kiss on his cheek. 

"I was looking for you."

"What are you doing here?  Shouldn't you be enjoying your time with Taehyung?"

"I miss you Yoongi-shi," Jinny says.

The little smile on his face lets her know that's what he wanted to hear.

"Really?" 

"Are you alright?"

"Yes."

"You looked like you were far away. I hope you haven't been lonely or missing your friends. I'm sorry I haven't even asked you about it. I've just been hogging all your free time since you've come here. I'm so annoying."

"No don't be silly.  I've enjoyed every moment with you.  I've been alone for too long."

"But, I haven't let you make other friends.  That's so selfish of me.  I promise not to hog your time so you can do stuff with other friends too.  When you want me to go, just tell me, okay?"

Yoongi reaches over and ruffles her hair.  "Don't be silly, kid.  I love being with you.  You're my little sunshine."

"No Yoongi, you're my sunshine.  There are no nightmares when you're around," she says staring up at him and she realizes how much he really means to her.

Yoongi puts his arm around her.  She clings to him loving the scent that is uniquely Yoongi and she nuzzles her face into his shoulder and neck.  She feels safe in his arms like with no one else.

Taehyung startles them with his deep voice. "Hey stop trying to steal my girlfriend!" Taehyung walks over and sits next to them. "I'm joking of course."

A guilty flush covers her face as she let go of Yoongi and moves away from him a bit.  Taehyung is a beautiful human being inside and out.  He doesn't deserve a girlfriend that has a crush on her step-brother.  Even admitting the thought to herself is difficult, but Yoongi is the one that has made her feel whole again.  

It's not Tae's fault that he had to move away. Jinny thinks she should be more loyal especially since he has never stopped giving her love and attention.  Not a night goes by that he doesn't call or text her before she goes to bed and she can always look forward to a good morning text.  Tae sends her pictures every day and asks her to do the same.  And now here he is, finally all hers, for a while at least, but she still wants to be with Yoongi. 

Tae is staring at her.  She wonders what he's thinking.    

"What would you like to do Taehyungie?" 

"Do you have another skateboard?" he asks Yoongi

"No, sorry," Yoongi says.

"Why don't we go to the arcade?" Tae suggests.