2- Demons that haunt me

Unsteady by X Ambassadors and the dress that Elena is wearing

Screaming; it's usually how I get my demons to go away. The one ones that invade my dreams and cloud up my thoughts. The demons that tell a story in their own blood. The ones that tell me my fears. The ones that like to hear me scream. The screaming that stops the dreams and brings me back to reality.

I come back to reality not even a second after the screaming stops. At first I'm paralyzed in fear but once I see that it's over, the fear goes away. Peppermint has jumped off the bed and is frantically barking to get someones attention. Which does and my guard comes running in. He starts bombarding me with questions. I take a couple deep breaths trying to calm myself down. I tell him it's the nightmares and he falls silent.

A silent Phillip moves to the end of the room. Francis runs in yelling at Phillip for just standing there. He walks up to my bed with a concerned face on. He sits next to me and places his hand on my knee.

"Are you okay?" his voice with with concern. I nod afraid that I'll start crying if I speak. He wraps his arms around me and nuzzle my face into his chest. He gently strokes my hair whispering soft, soothing things in my ears. I can't hold it in and I end up sobbing into his chest.

"It's okay let it out" he says as I continue to sob. It's not long until people start crowding in the room. once I realize they are there I straighten up and wipe away the tears. Everyone has concern looks on. Catherine, the queen of France, Mary and my mother along with Anne were all in the room.

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" My mother asks gently. I nod then turn to Anne to see she has a understanding look on her face. Mary's face is unreadable.

"What was it that caused you to scream?" Catherine asked.

"The nightmares" Anne says which sounds more like a statement than a question. I look at the ground and nod.

"Nightmares?" Mary and our mother say together. Francis looks at me in confusion.

"I'm okay." I finally say still not looking up. It doesn't go unnoticed by Anne.

"The princess needs to sleep. I'll stay and watch over her." Anne says and everyone except Francis nod. They all walk out of my quarters letting me sleep.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Francis questions further. I nod giving him a reassuring smile. He copies the smile and leaves with the others. I lay back down with a sigh.

"Do you want me to read something Elena?" Anne puts three books on the bed. I look at them, ones a child's book, ones a long novel, and ones a fairy tale about a queen with the powers of ice. I look longer trying to decide, then I look at Phillip and ask him which one he wants to hear. He picks the novel, which was typical Phillip. I stiffen a giggle and listen to Anne read the tale. Not long after sleep overcomes me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd person

Francis stepped outside of Elena's quarters to see a furious Mary waiting for him. He sighs knowing it was about Elena.

"What was that in there?" Mary questioned Francis. He honestly didn't know, it was like it came naturally. He shrugged and turned to walk away before Mary stopped him.

"So you are just going to shrug and walk away?"

"I don't know what you want me to say Mary"

"She can't be your mistress. She's a princess" Mary started coldly.